VINE VOICEon 19 November 2015
I use this for my old Xbox 360, the stand works not so much by blasting air at your xbox/ laptop/ whatever but by simply raising it up and the fans moving the hot air away, sounds simple but it really works. My Xbox is warm after prolonged use but before I got this item it would get positively HOT. The one I've been using for my Xbox has lasted about a year but I've bought about 3 of them for my Wife and her Laptop because invariably for her at least one of the fans has failed and started buzzing loudly. When operating normally there's just a faint whirring, the lights however are a bit over the top, they alarmed my cat and he won't enter the room if it's on.
All in all I'd rather suffer the cost of buying a few of these so I can preserve the useful life of a vastly more expensive LapTop / Xbox / whatever..
on 1 September 2016
Arrived on time and packaged nicely.
Wanted something to make my set up look a bit cooler. The plan was to do that in two ways , the fan
cooled down my xbox while the lights enhanced the look of my gaming set up was the plan
However it was the best quality and didnt really do much of job of keeping my xbox cool. The fan was also very loud
and became annoying very quickly. That left my with basically a very loud blue light!
Overall quite dissapointed but with what it cost i can see why its a below par poduct!
on 15 February 2014
I bought this as a cooling stand for an Xbox as it is advertised although it is actually a cooling stand for a laptop - just re-badged.
The problem with this is that this stand is sloped - the front feet are lower than the back - and the Xbox specifically says it should be flat. So I have put sone of the packaging it came in under the front feet to level it. Adjustable feet would improve the situation.
The second problem is the USB cable comes out of the back and goes into a USB connection into the back of the Xbox - ok - BUT the cooling fan does not have an independent on/ off switch so as the Xbox stays live when on standby the fan keep runnign unless you reach round the back and take the USB cable out! Very annoying.
So as a result we now don't use it although when it is on it is reasonably quiet and it looks quite funky.
on 24 April 2014
Ok so you take a picture of an Xbox sitting on it and call it a cooling stand for an Xbox 360......but I'm pretty sure the same picture has been taken with ps3-4, laptop etc etc.
It has 4 small feet that is slightly raised at the back so the laptop...ahem....Xbox 360 leans forward at a slight angle, which is actually kinda cool, especially since it has those blue lights underneath giving it that modded look. It does the job I suppose but I have an Xbox slim and the vent is on top but that's ok, it's still cooling it down to some degree. It has 3 fans built into it and is pretty quiet. The only real issue is that when the Xbox is off, the power still runs to the fan and lights so you need to manually disconnect the USB, or just leave it running 24-7. I am going to get my soldering iron out and fit a small switch but for those of you who can't be bothered with that, just be mindful that you need to keep connecting-disconnecting the USB. For the small price though I mustn't grumble.
Superfast delivery from Yaboo, thanks :-)
on 3 February 2014
As mentioned previously in other reviews - it looks a bit flimsy but in truth is well made and completely functional...
If you turn your XBOX off at the wall after playing then the plugging in / unplugging of the USB at the front isn't an issue - but if you leave it on "standby" then you have a to plug the USB in each time... hardly dramatic but it involves moving !
Packaging and delivery time were both excellent and for the sake of less than a fiver I would highly recommend purely for the funky blue LEDs lighting up an otherwise dark room!
on 7 December 2013
my kids lost an xbox to overheating so this is perfect for them, previos reviews mention the fact that the stand slopes but i have neo problem with this, no discs have fallen out of the intray, it is such a subtle slope and this aids the fans at the back. I love it and it does exactly what it says with style.
on 22 December 2014
i received it in a shoddy bubble wrapped envelope, upon opening I now understand why it was £4 still it is £5 TO MUCH!! I ordered this as I xmas present. the 360 was to heavy and the middle fan bowed to touch the table making a horrible noise as none of the fans sit straight their all at funny angles. iv had to stick sponge to the legs to make it higher. the fans don't suck the heat away as stated there just 3 little fans blowing air onto it. also just nit picking but... it does fit in the usb at the back of the xbox 360 and the box it comes in is misspelt. the only reason it gets a star is my 11year old brother thinks its ok and looks cool.
on 22 June 2014
This item does not work with the slim 250gb console ( no air vents under the console) , why was'nt this mentioned? , so after having it for five minutes i left it by my door with a sign on it saying free, also saying good for keeping computers cool. That must have worked because when i came back from shopping it had gone. At least someone will get some use out of it.
on 17 March 2014
This item arrived on time. It was packaged well and look good under my sons xbox. The downside to it is that you can't turn it off and have to unplug it every time from the usb port for a bit of piece and quite. Also it is not built very well...very flimsy and you have to be very careful handling it..i won't give it long before it breaks. :(
on 2 December 2014
Looks nothing like this picture at all. Clear plastic and you can see all the wires in it. Noise is quite loud too. Would have returned it had it not cost me more to return than the product. Complete waste of money.