Customer reviews

Haydn: The Heart of Invention (Trios In C/ E/ F Sharp Minor/ D)
Format: Audio CD|Change

on 9 September 2010
Trio Goya is entirely responsible for my late conversion to Haydn. I've never understood why this important composer's music seldom touched me until a friend played me this CD. This recording excites, uplifts and moves the soul. The playing is simply stunning - free and joyful, yet held perfectly in balance by pianist, Maggie Cole. This is a must-have CD. Thank you to those three extraordinary musicians for painting Haydn's music in pictures that I could finally 'see' and enjoy.
on 20 August 2010
Haydn has come alive for me in this recording and I will certainly seek out more. Trio Goya are fantastic, an ensemble made in heaven. A truly inspirational recording!
on 18 June 2012
This is a wonderful CD which had me enraptured throughout. At last we have an original instrument recording of the late Haydn trios comparable in quality to the classic Beaux Arts performances. The playing and recordings are quite superb. Of course, these are amongst the composer's finest works penned at the height of his powers when he was rightly considered to be the best in the world. They remain inspirational and the Trio Goya do them full justice. I hope they record more of this great music.