Customer reviews

on 26 April 2017
Lovely paper making kit. Expensive but then no more expensive that other places.
on 6 April 2014
I ordered this kit because I wanted to try making my own paper. While waiting for the kit to arrive I actually figured out how to do this without any investment. It's a bit fiddly, but you can try it. Just rip up and soak some scrap paper in warm water (I used egg cartons) - and blitz it with a blender (I just used a hand-held device). Use a sieve to drain most of the water and place the paper pulp in between two chopping boards to flatten. You can try using a rolling pin as well. It's a bit of trial and error, but I managed to make some cool textured paper this way.

I'm sure this kit works too, but when I received it I was a bit disappointed with the quality. It seemed a bit flimsy and crude - the way the net was stapled and sticky taped to the wooden frame. I didn't think it was worth the money, especially that I was able to get very good results just by using regular items available in my kitchen. The little leaflet and the sachet of petals were a nice touch though, but not worth £20 odd pounds.

I must say, Amazon's returns procedure is faultless. I booked a collection online at around 11 o'clock at night and a courier came at around 1 pm the next day. I received a full refund within a few days. Just brilliant, it couldn't have been easier!
11 Comment| 31 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 31 December 2012
From reviews for this product I've seen on other sites, the main complaint seems to be that the papermaking frames only allow you to make relatively small sheets of paper (about postcard size). While this is true, I didn't mind at all. The product is of good quality, easy to use with handy instructions and (most important) it is easy to clean up afterwards! Its small size means that it is easy to store without taking up unnecessary space, ideal for people who just want to have a go at papermaking without any fuss or clutter. Furthermore, with practice you CAN learn to make larger sheets of paper by attaching sheets together (albeit it's a bit fiddly). All in all this is a well thought-out and well built product that delivers exactly what it promises.
on 10 May 2017
Brought this for a present and i can say i was highly embarrassed to see the quality of it considering how much was spent on it. Very poor quality and put together very cheaply, I suspect the print manual is the most expensive component to this package. Frame is cheap pine held together with electrical tape and netting, be surprised if it will last at all.
on 3 March 2014
My only real issue is that the frame provided is NOT A5 as advertised, but much smaller. If i had known, i might have thought twice about buying. Besides that though, this kit is good quality, and produces very nice results.
on 9 December 2014
A little but shoddy, all the masking tape had come away and I had to put fresh on, not of the quality I expected for the price :-(
on 2 June 2013
An excellent kit for anyone wanting to start paper making. You will get great pleasure out of this little kit. It has all you need to get you started.Clear instructions too.
on 31 May 2013
Good product for starting out, booklet is really interesting and made an enjoyable read. We have made 4 sheets of different paper with it so far- all came out lovely. Very pleased, has made the half term a lot more interesting and enjoyable.
on 6 January 2013
This paper making kit item was better than described (it also contained a history booklet as well as instructions); was good value and was delivered promptly
on 23 June 2016
Really great kit with everything I need