VINE VOICEon 17 July 2007
I've had these headphones for around two years now and only in the last few months or so have I noticed any wear in the sound quality. However, this is not surprising as I have been less than gentle with them. They've been thrown around, dropped, stuffed in a drawer, kicked, you name it. Remarkably they still worked fine for ages. The only problem now is the jack-plug sometimes needs twisted a bit in my Ipod when I start loosing sound in one ear. I will definitely be purchasing these headphones again as for 6 pounds the sound quality is well above that price, plus they are very robust, they are the most comfortable ear buds I have worn and they're cheap enough to restock once they go the way of the dodo. I should also mention that these headphones don't use the system of looping the wire round your neck, it is the standard parallel wire which I love.
Definitely a recommended purchase, I doubt you'll find better headphones at this price.
22 comments| 75 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 28 March 2006
These are the best headphones that are around from under £10.... they produce an excellent sound quality for the price and the simplicity of these particular sony headphones make the build quality up to a good standard because they can take more abuse compared to some of sony's flagship headphones models for around £30.
i would definately recommend that you choose these headphones if you are a person who takes their music everywhere with you... because the low price means that you dont feel that you have to take extra special care of them all the time... and that dont break easily anyway.
on 21 February 2006
Good sound quality, very low leakage and comfortable. Compared to headphones you might get with a personal radio or mp3 player, these are very comfortable, good quality headphones at a reasonable price.
on 18 February 2006
I've had these headphones for years, and they've never failed to impress me. The sound quality is good, and they are sturdy and reliable. What more do you want?
on 20 July 2004
Yeah not bad headphones, do the job. Sound quality is average but what do you expect for the money your paying! So if your not to fussed then its a good buy. Only niggle is the cord length....its too bleedin short, i find my head being jerked to one side when i'm walking and can make you look like a right muppet.
Where these headphones come into there own is there durability. Ive got through a few headphones in my lifetime, all breaking with the slightest knock. I broke my iPod earphones by repeatedly falling asleep on them when i was 'merry'. NOT HERE! I can safely fall into a drunken slumber listening to my music, constantly rolling all over them in my sleep, wake up in a tangle of wires and splitting headache and find that they still work. HURRAH! (buggars up my iPod mind!)
55 comments| 56 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 15 December 2004
I have had these earphones for about a year now and they're still going strong. They don't rattle even at full volume and believe me these things with the right player go dead loud. The cord is about the right length if you have an mp3 player maybe a little short if you have a walkman. The only niggle I have is that even at a low sound setting people around you can hear clearly every word of the song which can be a little annoying. Love the colour scheme very classic, if your thinking of buying these then In would strongly recommend that you do!
on 3 December 2006
I bought these headphones as a replacement to my old Sony ones, which suddenly decided they had reached the end of their life, which had been a very long time! The thing that I liked best was the fact the came with phone pads; I rarely see 'in-your-ear' designs that come with phone pads anymore.

They have no separate volume control on them, so they simply give you the volume as defined by a player. I use these headphones with my Creative MuVo mp3/wma player and I can actually have the volume set a lot lower with these new headphones than my previous ones. The sound output is clear, lots of bass, doesn't sound fuzzy at certain frequencies and don't muffle out words. They're not high powered, so they don't drain your battery power like there's no tomorrow. A good pair of headphone for a portable player.
on 31 July 2007
I seem to get through a lot of headphones, either wires come loose or the sound goes on one side so its expensive replacing them all the time. I usually go for slightly more expensive ones as the quality is better but decided to give these a try because of the low price. I was surprised at the quality of the sound it's as good as some of the £15-£20 pairs I've bought over the last couple of years and they have lasted a lot longer. The volume is good and they are the best fitting head phones I've ever owned, they slot in my ear perfectly and they don't fall out every time i turn my head.

For the price I'm delighted with these headphones and i will definitely buy another pair when these reach the end of their life.
on 9 February 2014
When it comes to headphones there are two models that I buy over and over, as soon as I lose the previous pair (which will inevitably happen cos' I suck at safekeeping headphones).

One model is for workout/exercise since they have clips, and then for everything else, there's these which I've bought 4 times now.

These marvellous, wonderful, loud, SUPER high quality headphones. You might think I'm exaggerating but I DONT CARE. THe world MUST know how awesome these are.

When I first bought these in an HMV shop at random I literally COULD NOT BELIEVE how good quality they were, and HOW MUCH VOLUME they could produce. You will never need to have them at full volume because they produce sound at a very high level. The quality is truly amazing, and the price is unbelievable for such high sound quality. They're also surprisingly durable, as I have pulled them by accident, stepped on them (lightly of course) and dropped them multiple times, and they handle it like a champ! I've even dropped one in acrylic paint while housepainting and after cleaning it it worked fine with only a minor reduction in sound volume.

If there's one product I consider a truly top quality purchase for a very good price, it's these headphones.

5/5 absolute quality
on 5 May 2012
Now I tend not to spend too much money on things like headphones since a pair is usually thrown in for free with the purchase of a phone or PMP. However a broken wire on one and excessive audio leakage on another prompted me to do something about it. An email from P***.com was offering these for a discount and so i thought I just double check the price on Amazon.

Needless to say, I plugged these in and was blown away by the improvement over the bundled headphones that i was currently using on my devices. I'm not saying these are world-beating headphones since I don't have much to compare them too but they impress me enough to make me realise that I can never go back to use bundled headphones again.

In summary, you want good audio for little money? Then start here.