Shop now Shop now</arg> Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen with Amazon Music Unlimited Shop now Shop now

Platform: PlayStation 3|Edition: Standard Edition|Change

on 18 September 2014
I wasn't sure about playing this game as I am not into sneaking but I was quite surprised I ended up enjoying. I recommend you to give this a try even if you don't like sneaking games much. Take downs are really fun to do.
on 13 January 2012
Deus ex human revolution review

Deus ex takes pages from other games your sure to find, Half life mass effect and a hint of metal gear solid poped in there for good measure.But trust me when i say that this only makes the game more fantastic in terms of scope,depth and looks.
gameplay
the game picks up a kind of rpg feel to it but keeps its 1st person origins,its rather smart in this area, and i have yet too see it as well done in other games to this date. the player levels up by useing Augmentations which allows you to put powers to different powers to limbs like legs arms eyes etc. for example you can put an Augmentations in the legs to enable yourself too sprint longer or in your eyes to see into walls. I would not say that the level up system is uniqe but it gives the player the tools to play how they feel fit. sneak of gun fight or abit of both its up to you.
story
Deus ex human revolutions story isent brilliant it has many twists and turns in it and admittedly just falls short of average which is a real shame, Because the gameplay is more than satisfactory, I was unable to really connect with any of the characters they just seemed bland and unintresting in any means at all.
graphics
Deus ex leaves much to be desired in graphics long after the main story is over you feel like going back and starting all over again just to see those rich colors and fantastic level designs it really is a sight to behold
summary
its a stunning game what will keep you comeing back for more P.S
i would recommend buying the sound track just for the music it really is that good :)
on 10 March 2014
Deux Ex: Human Revolution is up there with Batman: Arkham City and Mass Effect 3 as a universally epic games that ticks so many boxes. Everything about this game is huge; the booming musical score, the diversity of play, the maps, the morality...all huge.
on 21 July 2013
Great game moreover it only took about two days to arrive. The game itself is a must play. However after a couple of months the game has got slightly boring so I haven't played it since. However I encourage people to play this game especially if you are a Assassins Creed or a GTA fan as the game is very similar in that perspective.
on 7 November 2012
I am a sci-fi fan with fond memories of "Blade Runner" on the PC. I was hoping for something equally immersive, particularly given the Deus Ex pedigree of play-as-you-want.

Sadly, things have fallen foul here. The graphics look really dated. That could be forgiven if the plot was gripping. It isn't. It could be overlooked if the protagonist was interesting, but he is so bland, so incredibly forgettable that I took the same lack of interest in his endevors as he seemed to.

One of Human Revolution's most unforgivable sins are the people you "encounter" in your travels. If they are not enemies, they are planted with the sort of solidity that the small poplar trees were in GTA4. Run into one, and BA-doing!!!

I lost count of the number of times this irritated me.

So what about the flexibility to play as you want to? Well, it is here. Sort of. You can learn to hack and build that skill tree, but the act of hacking quickly grows mind-numbingly tedious.

You can build your takedown ability, but the resultant QT sequence becomes as annoyingly repetitive.
You can build the ability to jump high or fall down deep passages to reach areas that frankly don't add much.
You can become strong enough to lift large objects out of the way, or throw them.

In essence, it all feels remarkably superficial. Add to that some dreary boss-fight sequences, and it feels all to similar to games you were playing well over 10 years ago.

Being stubborn in nature, I persevered until I really, really could not stomach any more. I estimate I am perhaps 75-80% through the game. And that's it for me.

Some people like tedium. I find the grind in Demon's souls, soul-destroying (boom boom) for example. But some people love it. In the same way, some will still love this game, but many will hate it.

I don't hate the game. It is so bland and dull, that I nothing this game.
on 6 January 2012
I was really hoping this game would be good, as I loved the original, but was let down by the second.

As the title of this review says, they have succeeded. Like the original I couldn't stop playing, this game works similar to most 1st person shooters, but has alot more to offer. Like the first its the story that grabs you & won't let you go until completion.

This game can be frustratingly hard at times to fight your way through (ie. the bosses), but that is weirdly the good part it forces you to think & stratagizes if you don't have the right augmentations. Although the gameplay is great & the story even better (it even has subtle refrences to the first, email names & companys, & even the theme ture if you find it). The only real room for improvement is the graphics although decent, not enough to distract, but considering the parntership with makes of final fantasy, I would of liked some better overall.

If you were a fan of the original, buy this, & if your looking for more than a simple shooter buy this!
on 28 July 2013
Much improved graphics, great voice acting and true to its roots in terms of gameplay and musical score, with augmentation upgrades and several cities to visit as you progress.Choose stealth or all out assault to tackle your objectives. Would recommend this game to any rpg or fps fan.
on 21 February 2012
The soundtrack is one of the best I've experienced on a game to date. The story was fully engaging and backed by well executed gameplay mechanics. Characters were nicely portrayed, with Adam leading as a superb character to play as. The only fault I can think of was the replayability factor: though multiple playthroughs are encouraged by the xp/skills system in place, the key element here (the story) lost its edge after completion and I found it difficult at least in the short term to want to playthrough again in full.

Overall, a very worthy title that deserves heaps of praise in my book!
on 16 April 2013
Case and disc in great condition.
It was a present for my boyfriend and he thinks it's a brilliant stealth game. He got loads of time and fun out of it.
I even loved just watching the gameplay and the cut scenes.
on 25 April 2012
This is realy great game if You like Cyber Future. It takes You there, and gives You unforgetfull impressions of that world. There You have a chance to solve almost every situation in several different ways, and You are free to choose, which way fits You best.