Customer reviews

Full House Head
Format: Audio CD|Change

on 2 June 2015
What a fantastic album. Double vinyl. Well pressed, no crackles - unfortunatley not gatefold or poly liners - but the songs, the sounds, the riffs....

This is brilliant - indie rock meets hardcore meets the blues meets some serious riffing that stay the right side of cheesy.

Apparently Matt Sweeney of Bonnie Prince Billy - Superwolf - and Zwan fame is on here somewhere. Who knows where though? I think this is the album Mogwai would love to make if they could get away with it.

Perfect riffage fun
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 10 February 2018
Great album, full bore chooglin'!...
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 29 July 2010
This, stylishly packaaged LP, is three quarters brilliant. This is exactly how guitars should be played and I confess to breaking out my air guitar several times the first time I played this LP.

This lot could be from Luton for all I know, but their music sounds like effortless groovy desert music. The likes of 'Empty Eyes' (my favourite) and 'slow creep' can take all the Allman Bros and ZZ Top comparisons you wanna make on the chin and survive, fabulous unflashy playing abounds. However there are some sly arty influences lurking hereabouts too - Zappa's sex-growl on 'mighty fine pie' (possibly not really about pie?) and echoes of Ben Chasny's (Six Organs of Admittance and Comets on Fire) brittle cosmic riffing here and there.

The last jammed track 'A life worth leaving' leaves me a bit cold - but the other three sides more than make up for this slight over-indulgence. This is the best rock release so far this year - by a desert mile.
on 20 July 2010
This album takes up exactly where the last one left off. I had reservations about it, precisely because the first album Focus Level was so darn good but I needn't have worried. This is Endless Boogie through and through and those who loved the first album will love this one.

What I enjoyed about the first album ie its total dis-inhibition and taking ideas to their ultimate conclusion while having a lot of fun in the process is here again in plentiful supply. Whereas there was greater variety in terms of tempo on the first album this one sounds more like one long free-form jam and I think in that sense it makes for a more even and rewarding musical experience.

All I know is I put the CD in the player, picked up my guitar and when the final bars rang out was surprised that so much time had elapsed in-between. It really does take you off someplace else for the duration.

The musicianship is perhaps to an even higher standard than first time round, there's the same insane rantings and vocal noise, the guitars as fuzzy and distorted as ever and the bass and drums chug along in the background. It's insane but it's an insane brilliance. A great album which comes highly recommended.
on 23 July 2010
Ahhhhh yes, this album is sweet and tasty. I was so looking forward to this release and it has not disappointed. Not even the rain that fell yesterday could dampen my spirits as I placed the CD into the CD player and allowed myself a little `dancing on my own time' while contemplating the futility of man and misplaced importance of all things non-boogie.

Brothers and Sisters....BOOGIE ON.