Price:£34.98+ £2.03 shipping

As with all the Mario and gang games you pretty much know what your going to get, frantic waving on the Wii controller, collecting items that give you extra power or weapons which inflict attacks on your opponents.

All the characters are present.
The games are very similar to what you have seen before, If you have Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games (Wii) Mario Strikers Charged Football (Wii) and Mario Power Tennis (Wii), juggle them together you pretty much get Mario Sports mix.

The games do feel a little American, with Volley Ball, Hockey, Dodge Ball and Basketball, still lots of fun. The back ground are varied with each event, you can choose lots of different ones.

Best part with Mario games are the one on ones which on Mario Sports Mix don't disappoint, you can play with up to four players, you laugh your socks off, my little one of 7 with his cousin who is also 7 laughed loads and got very competitive at one point.

Again a brilliant game from the Mario team, don't expect loads of difference from everything else you have played but still worth owning.
on 8 February 2011
This is a wonderful game. I personally think this is the best Mario sports game since Mario Golf and Mario Tennis.

The controls are incredibly easy to master; in fact the gameplay itself is rather simple. But the game is ingeniously designed so that it is easy to learn but hard to master.

Ice Hockey and Volleyball are my personal favourites. Though Basketball and Dodgeball are also great fun.

The game is beautiful, and the characters are as fun as ever to watch. The online multiplayer is excellent (no lag, and it's very easy to set up a match).

Overall, this is worth every penny. Though you will get a lot more out of it if you play it with friends. The AI in the game is good, but it's not the same as playing with another human being. And while the online works really well, it's not as fun as being able to talk to friends whilst you are playing.

Well done Nintendo.
on 15 February 2011
Bought this after lots of pestering from my children aged 5 & 6 who have seen the various tv adverts. We already have the olympics & mariokart which they both love and this one doesn't disappoint.

The game itself is split into four different sports Volleyball,Dodgeball,Hockey & Basketball and although that does not seem a lot there are still many various levels and power ups to unlock on each game to keep kids amused for hours.

Controls wise it is very simple to get the hang of and it is definitely suited for the younger game player.
on 15 June 2012
I am writing this review on the behalf of my 6 year old and 4 year sons. They got this game for Christmas after going on about it for months! The good news is - it didn't disappoint. Sometimes you worry with these things that it is just going to be a re-hash of earlier games (e.g. I thought this might be just like the Olympics game or the original Wii Sports but with Mario characters) but this wasn't at all. 6 months on from Christmas, and still my son enjoys it as much as the first time he played it. It's great to see the kids moving around playing a game rather than just sitting staring at the screen, it has also made him want to try the sports out for real - a real bonus in my eyes.

My 6 year old found the games very easy to learn, and picked up the controls with no issues at all. My 4 year old (who only turned 4 in January) found it a little harder at first - but with having his big brother to show him what he needed to do, he soon worked it out.

Whenever this game is being played I hear lots of laughter coming from the children's playroom - they thoroughly enjoy playing it, and that for me is the most important thing. I was allowed to join in once and I found that I enjoyed it too - I must at some point have a proper go when the kids are in bed.

All in all a great game for everyone - I would imagine it could be fun with a few friends round as well.
on 24 January 2014
My boys had this game previously, but due to them dropping the disc, chipped the edge of it on it could no longer play it. They absolutely love the various games on it, keeps them occupied for ages and is one of their favourite game for the Wii.
on 15 December 2011
This is a fab game! My 7 year old son chose it to spend his birthday money on, and from the moment it turned up (a few weeks ago now), he has loved it. It is such a lot of fun and even though there are only 4 sports, there are so many variations and thing to unlock, it never seems to get boring. My 11 year old also loves it, as do I. I would highly recommend this game.
on 5 May 2014
After playing this game at a friends house, my Grandson aged 7, wanted this game. He plays this with friends and is really delighted with it. It is easy to follow. He has informed me that there is a different version with more things on, having said that it does not seem to detract from his enjoyment of playing this game
on 29 March 2011
Another fabulous buy for Mario fans out there. Don't know who likes it more my son or husband!!! A must have for all those Mario Kong fans out there!!! a great birthday present : -)
on 26 December 2012
MARIO SPORTS MIX - kids love it very happy with the present game very well thought out and pleases kids .
on 29 March 2011
I've not personally played this game but my son and his dad seem to like it. It's quite expensive for what features you get. You only get 4 different sports so it's one to dip into occasionally I think.

See one answered question