on 12 December 2013
I gave this Professor Layton a five star rating as I think it is brilliant, but then all of the Professor Layton trilogies are. The only problem with this one is I found it a bit confusing sometimes as to where they were. If you are told to go to a certain place you talk to the characters on the way, get to where you should be going and then return to wherever. On the way back I didn't talk to some of the characters which was wrong. You have to talk to them on your return journey becuase when you then try to find one of the mini games, if you haven't spoken to a certain person then you can't find or open the mini game. It gets a bit frustrating at times but I love Professor Layton and Luke so it doesn't stop me from playing. I do think the asking price for the whole trilogy is a bit expensive especially if you have two children who both want this game, that is approx Pounds 80 and to a small child giving them that present doesn't look like much. The game is for all ages,I am 56 and my sister is 59, and we both love them. I do hope they continue the trilogy ...... it would be a shame if they didn't.
on 28 May 2016
Absolutely adore it
There was already an account but I bought a second hand version so that was to be expected (keep in mind you cannot delete accounts you can only override them with new ones if you are hoping to buy a second hand version)
Worked very well, there were no glitches
The story line and plot were great fun
The puzzles were very good and I enjoyed them
All in all I am glad for my purchase as it reminds me of my childhood too.
on 19 January 2011
The final game in the original trilogy lives up to the legacy left by the previous two games. With a longer and more complex storyline than the original and the sequel, the third time around took roughly 20 hours.

With Professor Layton games, the animation and artwork are stable parts which do not fail to excite. This time around there are more animations, longer animations, and better looking animations. The storyline is amusing throughout, with a lot of character development of the main characters as well as some secondary characters (including two short stories where characters are met and then either die or don't even appear in the rest of the story) and these add to the variety of the game.

The puzzles in this game are varied, with some variations of styles seen in the previous two games, and some new styles of puzzles. As with past Professor Layton games there are mini-games available, and this time they are more like actual puzzles than mere distractions, presenting both big challenges and ways to extend the gameplay a few hours.

This game is well worth a purchase for anyone who enjoys a puzzle game, and for those who want a game with a great storyline that is well incorporated into the puzzle style of the game.

The back story of the main characters, as well as some of the revelations near the end of the story, are quite sad though.

With the excellence of the original trilogy, looking forward to the new trilogy of Layton games gives much hope for the puzzle genre.
on 25 June 2011
Just to put my review into context I am 62 years of age and I have played the previous 2 Professor Layton games to completion. This one is very good, but not as good as the previous two games. The plot and denouement were a bit too much of a credibility stretch and the puzzles were not as satisfying as those in the previous two. Having said that, this one kept my attention and interest for two weeks. The plot and puzzles were well linked, the puzzles are easy to work on, the graphics and video are good. Still excellent value for money.
on 2 December 2013
I am a fan of Professor Layton games and have most of them but this one leaves me cold.
The story line is so silly and contrived and the games are not very good either.
There is a lot of repetition and silly dialect. Why on earth does the writer try to put together so many local dialects???
It is exasperatingly tedious.

Wouldn't recommend this one. Give it a miss and go for the next one.
on 10 September 2011
This Layton game is a great, puzzle filled romp, full of plot twists and crazy characters. The Prof and Luke met a young man claiming to be a future version of Luke, who has travelled back in time. With the help of a mysterious time machine, the Prof visits a futuristic version of London to unravel the facts. I loved this game and it kept me hooked for a week until I had finished every puzzle!
on 17 October 2017
Lots to do bit not as enjoyable to play as the first game.
on 28 August 2017
Good Condition as described and it works that's the main thing
on 10 December 2017
I ordered this as a Xmas present so haven’t used it yet. Delivery was fast and the cartridge looks in good order. Vey please so far.
on 29 November 2013
Another great puzzle and adventure for Prof Layton - so good that I ordered it thinking it was a new adventure but I have already got it so had to return. Delivery was free but returns weren't but no problem returning provided it was returned unopened and have been refunded.