on 24 February 2012
After reading many of the reviews I opted for this machine and have been very surprised and pleased with the cleaning results. Many reviews mentioned difficulty in assembly and poor instructions. For me this was simply not the case, the instructions are clear and easy to understand and I really cannot see how they could be made easier, they just need to be read and followed and in a matter of minutes the machine was assembled and ready for use.

As for the cleaning process again follow the instructions, I found that cleaning small areas at a time provided the best results, when sucking the water up after dispensing the cleaning fluid do this very slowly while drawing the machine backwards over the carpet. We were quite shocked at how dirty the water was (and our carpet would be considered as clean). One bedroom carpet had suffered from heavy traffic and for this I left the cleaning fluid for 5 minutes before vacuuming up and it was restored to almost new.

Through Amazon I have saved in excess of £70 with free delivery, however there were 2 nuts missing from the hardware package which i provided my own rather than the hassle of getting replacement bits, so somewhere in the processing of orders package contents need to be checked more thoroughly, this is not the first time such an issue has arisen and one that should not arise irrespective of cost.

As for the machine its great, easy to assemble, use, gives very good results and yes its very noisy so if your planning on holding a phone conversation while using it then perhaps you may need an alternative cleaner. Very Happy
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 31 December 2015
Got this on special offer. Firstly, if you want a really DEEP clean, then go hire a proper commercial cleaner. These ones will do a decent job, but will not bring a well used carpet "up like new".
Easy to set up, use and switch between attachments. Certainly brings out a lot more dirt than I thought was there! The water reservoir is a reasonable size, could be a bit bigger to avoid having to stop and refill too frequently, but for one area (say stairs, a carpet, a couch and chairs.....) perfectly fine. Not too heavy either. Good thing to have around for light weight jobs.
on 27 January 2015
Cleaner arrived today but it doesn't work properly. I fitted it together properly and spent 2 hours trying to get the bottom of the cleaner to let any water out. I assume it is a faulty product but noticed someone left a question asking why the cleaner "doesn't clean" so this could be a common problem. The parts you put together are very poor and it took a while to assemble because parts didn't click in properly. I have had a few Vax cleaners and this appears to be a common problem. The last one broke after 6 months because small parts snapped. I'm not prepared to pay £80 for a cleaner like this and I also have arthritis in my fingers so more stable parts would be appreciated.
And one last thing. The noise of it was deafening!
on 10 February 2015
A tricky job getting it assembled - there are diagrams but they are NOT very clear. After a while, and a bit of common sense the assembly was complete, but I can imaging many people struggling with it.
That said, it was in use immediately to help clean a rug which had some sick on it, and it did an excellent job. This was done in the early evening, and by morning the rug was ALMOST dry, and looking really good. It is very easy to operate by the way - my wife has always operated the one we hired, but this was so straightforward I didn't need any help!
We had bought it for regular use but it came to the rescue here and it will surely prove a good buy. The reason for only giving 4 stars is because of the hassle with the assembly.
on 6 October 2012
The Vax V-026RD Rapide Deluxe arrives unassembled. The product is simple to put together and only takes about 20 minutes.
The Device is easy to use and does remove the most stubborn of marks on the carpet, especially in "high traffic areas".
The only problem is, the Vax does kick up one hell of a racket....so buy a pair of ear defenders with it. You have been warned!
on 7 August 2017
Very good quality machine
on 18 July 2017
A hard little worker?
on 3 June 2013
this is a great machine,it took a bit of putting together but well worth the effort,used it for the first time last week 27/5/13 results were very good, carpets looked new,did not over wet the carpets,very easy to use,really good buy,10/10.
on 11 July 2017
does the job
on 11 January 2013
I think that cleaner is very noisy and very heavy and big. Takes up a lot of space in my storage cupboard. Also I think the dirty water tank is a little difficult to empty and clean. The results of the cleaning are ok.