Customer reviews

Format: DVD|Change

on 22 April 2016
This box set of National Lampoons vacation films contains some of the funniest films I have ever seen.

The original vacation was released in 1983 and follows the Griswald family across America for their summer holiday to Wallyworld in their new station wagon. The catalogue of disasters that they encounter along the way makes this a laugh a minute film and one of my favourites.

The second film, European Vacation, was released in 1985. This follows the family around Europe on a holiday they have won on a TV show called Pig in a Poke. Their German adventures have me crying with laughter every single time I watch it and I have watched all these films many times.

Christmas Vacation is an absolute classic film, I don't feel it is christmas until I have watched this! The Griswalds entertain their families and loved ones (and not so loved ones) at their home. It is filled with all the calamities you come to expect from them but the edge is taken off with an egg nog served in a moose glass. This is my all time favourite christmas film.

Vegas vacation was the newest of the 4 films and the children are all grown up for their adventures on the Vegas Strip, I don't feel that this film is quite as good as the previous three but still a worthwhile watch, a typical Chevy Chase extravaganza of calamities.

I highly recommend this set of films to anyone who likes a slightly slapstick style of comedy.
on 23 March 2017
We have cried with laughter over all these films except for Vegas, which is just a dreadful rehash of the others with none of the charm. Couldn't even finish it. The others we'll watch over and over.
on 2 December 2012
I bought this for 8.99 and although I only enjoyed the one movie on it it was still worth it. The European vacation most certainly stood the test of time. A funny non-discriminatory sattire at Americans and Europeans only got better with time. Not so positive about the other movies, perhaps a lot is in understanding the cultrual context and therefore folk across the pond might find it funny stil...
on 3 May 2014
As with any genre, you will either love or hate. This film, although not my cup of tea most certainly pleased the gift recipient. So for that alone, it gets a five star. The fact it was delivered in time and in quality is a bonus.
33 Comments| One person found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 20 June 2017
No review needed really. Absolute classics - up there among the finest comedies ever made. And with them all bundled in one box set you just can't go wrong.
The new "Vacation" movie just can't compete with any of these four.
on 4 September 2009
Chevy Chase is a fantastic actor and comedian and his liaison with Beverley d'Angelo in all his National Lampoon films are a joy to watch, even though they are so old so to be able to buy the boxed set was a wonderful opportunity. I could watch his films every week and not get bored and yet I know them off by heart. I would certainly recommend all his films in this series - good clean fun, but with lots of innuendos!! Five star viewing.
on 3 May 2017
funny films some better than others but good fun
on 22 July 2017
really good classic boxset of comedy movies.
on 27 May 2017
3 great films, one poor one. Ignore Vegas Vacation and enjoy the rest, thankfully still as funny as I remembered them being.
on 15 August 2017
All in working condition and very pleased :)