on 13 April 2017
I emailed Ali Maffucci to ask various questions and she very promptly and courteously replied, helping me to make a decision.I also took time to look at her clear videos and read her blogs.

This is just the business, it works well and easily. I especially like the fuss-free revolving blades, and the safety guard. The suction pad system really works very well, but if your worktop has any texture it it will not adhere - you do need a flat smooth surface. I have ended up using my ceramic hob. It is a bit fiddly to wash up - tons of nooks and crannies to clean, but a good rinse under a running tap gets most of it off. A toothbrush is best for getting at the rest. It does not live in a box, it sits on a shelf ready for use. (Ali's videos are good for demonstrations of how to tackle less obvious vegetables like peppers and good ideas for recipes)

I have tried many makes and none are as good as this one. Having said that, it might not that long perhaps - some of the blades bend out of place and have to be straightened back into position, which obviously can only be done a finite number of times. Time will tell.
on 29 December 2016
I bought this a while ago now and can honestly say that I've maybe used it five times.
It's too big and takes up way too much room in my kitchen for a start. It's overall feel is very cheap, and certainly not as solid as I'd hoped it would be. The cleaning process is such a chore that it actually puts you off using it.
I found I only used it for courgettes really, and I was disappointed with the results.
Since I purchased it, I have actually bought a much smaller handheld version, for a few pounds, which spiralizes my courgettes better, is easy to clean and takes up minimal room.
I'm afraid that my Spiralz spiralizer is on its way out.
on 30 December 2015
Though this product is made of plastic, it does not feel flimsy. It is well put together and has handy storage slots for blades not in use.
The instructions are brief but adequate; I had a quick look at a couple of YouTube videos whilst I was waiting for the Spiralizer to arrive. I found it easy to use straight out of the box. I experimented with courgettes and by the time I had Spiralized my first one I had a feel for the amount of pressure to apply. Up to now, I've also done carrots and beetroot. There's a Facebook page and lots of ideas online and I'm planning to take a bit of inspiration and experiment a bit.
We both enjoyed the courgette tagliatelle that I made and I've also made a vegetable stir fry - because the mixed veg were sliced to the same thickness, they cooked quickly and evenly. Healthy too!

I found the machine easy to clean - it can be a bit messy whilst you're spiralizing. Keep your fingers clear of the blades whilst washing the machine after use, I found out from experience that the blade is sharp enough to slice through your finger through a tea towel.

Make sure you push the machine down onto the worktop before you start, the suckers are very effective at keeping it in one place. Also, place a flat bowl under the blade to catch the veg, otherwise they go everywhere!

I am so pleased that I 'took the plunge' and bought this - I hummed and hawed for ages before buying. I've had it for just over a week and have used it several times already.
on 12 April 2017
As soon as it arrived, I cracked it open, cleaned it and had a go. So far, I like it more than my "pencil sharpener" style spiraliser as there is so much less waste and I don't keep cutting my fingers.

Cucumber, carrot, courgette all done successfully. Harder fruit/veg are next on the agenda. Easy to clean so far as well. The guard on the back clips on/off easily.

Only 4 stars as occasionally it can come "unstuck" if I've not pressed down before securing the suction feet clips. That will come from experience I'm sure.
on 22 June 2016
Cracking piece of kit. Having wooden work surfaces I did need to find a way of getting it stable so I used a marble rolling board and found if you work away from you rather than across, its really easy to keep a constant pressure against the cutters. With it its possible to get a constant length of potato, courgette or sweet potato string for the whole piece.

Happy to recommend.
on 17 June 2016
This is really good, saw one on the TV & my wife expressed an interest as we thought it might be good for alternative vegetables rather than the plain courgette and like. She has done some amazing veg cooking since we received it. really easy to use & keep clean. Definitely need a non slip surface though when you use it despite it having "suckers" on all four corners. Would recommend this item and it arrived ahead of scheduled delivery date.
on 9 August 2016
I was very excited when this first arrived but my excitement turned to disappointment the first time i tried to use it. The first thing I found was that the suction pads that hold the unit down don't work - so when you try to turn the handle the whole thing either falls over or slides all over the place. Also, anyone who is suffering with dexterity problems will find it almost impossible to use as it is very hard to turn the handle using certain foods. Very dissapointed total waste of money.
on 30 August 2015
I had previously tried to use a different spiralizer, unfortunately thuscwas too hard to turn and my husband couldn't use it either. I saw this and hoped it would be easier to use and I am delighted to say it is really easy to use. I do slimming World and wanted to add\cook vegetables in different ways. This is fantastic and the courgette and carrot spaghetti I made the first time I used it was fantastic and my hubby loved it too. Easy way to add more vegetables to your meals and it fascinates the grandchildren who love using it. I would highly recommend as its easy to use, easy to clean and the suckers on the feet ensure that it sits tight when you are using it. Highly recommended.
on 20 April 2017
I have had a few spiralizers and this one is by far the best, it cleans easily can be used easily and the children can even use it whichis a bonus getting them involved in the kitchen. Highly recommended
on 17 March 2016
Arrived within two days of ordering. Product is brilliant so easy to assemble and use.I was worried the handle might be hard to turn because of my arthritis but it was very easy. Easy to wash and easy storage. I am enjoying experimenting with different vegetables inand fruits. Never eaten as many courgettes and sweet potatoes. Would recommend this particular spiralizer.