on 20 March 2017
Bought this for my Humax pvr-9150T HD recorder (remote RT531-B).
Quick to set up main features and almost as quick to set up those buttons not pre programmed (recorded program list, subtitles,PiP,andPiP swap.
Magic
on 3 October 2017
I bought this to combine and replace remotes on LG tv and Technomate satellite box which are both showing wear on the buttons (the combi control feature sounded ideal)
Firstly, a nice looking solid remote control, well made.
Then, on to programming:
Tv coding to my LG lcd TV went fine, first code worked on all common features, happy days.
The sat box (a Technomate TM5200D) is not in the code book, in fact no Technomate products are listed at all. Never mind I thought, I will try the search feature, it probably has another code set from another brand. After sitting there nearly an hour searching codes I realised I hade probably gone through the 100 or so available codes a couple of times, so I gave up on that.
I know, use the learn feature and have old Technomate control 'teach' this one what to do. I followed the book, pressing and copying codes from the original remote to the new one, all the lights behaved as they should, finished and tried to use the learnt codes...noting worked! Did this carefully 3 times just to be sure I had not messed up. Nada...not one single key worked

Finally, the OneforAll manual says they have a support service that can train your control for you if you send it off to them within one year of purchase. Great I thought, so I contacted them, and got an email response with a case number and a promise of contact in one or two working days. A couple of days later, and no support response, but (coincidentally?) lo and behold a survey questionnaire land in my inbox asking for feedback on my recent customer support experience (so they were told!)

In short, buyer beware, this was not their cheapest or most expensive replacement remote, but if thinking of buying one, check the manual online to see if your product is even listed, if it isn't, stay well away as the learning feature obviously does not always work, and customer support promises are non-existent and useless and probably only produce spam email.
Incidentally, still no actual contact from customer support some 3 weeks later. Hope someone from One for All reads this, but I doubt it!

A (near) new unused One for All Essence 4 for sale if anyone *really* wants one! :)
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 13 August 2017
In a nutshell this is a fantastic bit of kit. Once it found my TV code for my Samsung TV, admittedly this did take quite a while, it was plain sailing. Quickly set up my sound bar, bt you view box and Sony dvd player. I utilised the learning facility to be able to use the record, delete and source key by putting them onto the red. Green and yellow keys. By doing this the remote was able to cover all the applications of the other remotes which made them totally redundant. The one for all remote is also very robust and feels good in the hand. I would highly recommend this product.
on 15 July 2017
Worked for my TV and bluray but not for my old Acoustic solutions DVD which had lost the remote (and which I bought this product for). So, have contacted the manufacturer to see how they can 'guarantee it to work' if it is isn't covered in their online database...

Will probably have to return it for refund.
on 15 May 2017
I cannot believe how easy this was to set up and how easy it is to toggle between 4 different remotes. Saved the day!
on 14 July 2017
Needed this for a relatively old Goodman's TV that my dad gave me, but had lost the remote for. I wasn't particularly hopeful, but after trying a few codes in the very helpful manual, it worked. Very impressed.
on 23 February 2017
This has changed my life! No longer am I buried under a heap of remote controls whilst trying to watch the TV. Don't suffer in silence. Buy this. Your TV-watching experience will be greatly improved.
on 25 September 2017
Great replacement for the various separate remotes you would normally need. Took a while to find the exact codes but got there in the end. Recommended from this long standing specialist manufacturer.
on 4 August 2017
Never write reviews but I am well impressed by this. I needed a new sky plus remote and came across this and thought how cheap and convenient it would be to use instead of having separate remotes for TV, sky, amp and dvd player. I managed to tune them all in within minutes, the only thing it didn't tune in which I knew could be a problem was the smart features on the TV but soon learnt you can tune in buttons from old remote to get it working on new one. Well chuffed and all for just 13 pounds.
on 18 June 2016
Does the job it is supposed to - mostly. I can't get it to communicate with my soundbar which means I have no control of the volume and I need to keep the TV remote available for the smart-TV functions.