on 17 June 2014
This game is good fun for all ages and really tests your imagination. The merits along the way challenge you to come up with new adjectives and nouns to get rewards, allowing you to buy new avatar outfits to suit your taste.

The only reason Super Scribblenauts didn't achieve 5 stars was because the merit system covers all three profiles so once you achieve something your friend can spend your reward on the avitars they want. There's a pop-up to tell you that you achieved the merit but once you've got it your friend can't achieve it since that aspect is always shared between all three profiles.

However, this game will still keep you puzzling on the relationship between Moby Dick and a ghost for days as you try to solve the puzzles using your creative imagination.
on 24 March 2011
Super Scribblenauts is an updated version of Scribblenauts. The basic idea is that you solve increasingly complex puzzles by writing what you need to help you. It could be as simple as a way to reach a platform high above your head (think fairy wings, a jet pack or even a teleporter) or as challenging as creating a creature that has the characteristics of 4 other creatures in boxes around it (think giant, metallic, furry mouse). Although the dictionary is very Americanised, there is still a lot you can do as an English user. There were a few things it doesn't seem to recognise (exhaust being one that frustrated me greatly!) but if you are creative enough you can find ways around it. It didn't take me long to complete and the replay value is limited - if you've completed it once, you know what's coming and the novelty has gone. That said, it is still an enjoyable and original game.
on 23 December 2011
An excellent game, say goodbye to the rubbish controls from the original because you can now control it with the D-Pad, also there is a new feature, adjectives and unless you are some sort of genius you can be assured it will know what your talking about, unless it is rude or related to copyright and alcohol, but this is pretty much aimed at kids, although adults will enjoy it to. The story mode makes it good, but it's the free play that makes it so good, and write anything you can imagine, because you really haven't unlocked the full potential until you have made a rainbow lion battle a scared llama.
I wasn't sure about the concept of this game before I ordered it - I mean how would "Think it. Write it. Solve it." really work in practice? Would it really be possible? Well, in short, yes! The game is basically made up of 10 'levels' and 2 bonus levels which are a bit different in style. Each level has a series of different scenarios which you have to solve. There is no continuous story so each scenario is like a separate mini game. You will be shown a visual problem, for example: "Help the man safely jump off the cliff" - the man is already in a flight suit so the obvious answer would be to write 'parachute' (I also tried 'wings' which worked quite nicely) - the item will appear on screen, you give it to the man and he makes the jump. If you create something irrelevant (e.g. cake), you will get points for creating a new word but it won't help you solve the puzzle. The great thing about this game is that there is always more than just ONE way of solving every puzzle so you can really get creative! Even silly ideas work sometimes and that's the fun of it!

The puzzles vary in difficulty - yes they get harder as you progress through the levels but there are some quite difficult scenarios littered in early levels too. You can get up to 3 hints for each problem and this does help if you get stuck. There are also games which specifically ask for adjectives so it isn't enough to just type 'giant' for example, but 'hairy giant.' It's the kind of game that gets you thinking of creative solutions to logical problems. It's fun for older kids and will help with vocabulary-building and spelling (as well as logical & creative thinking). Adults may find some of the puzzles a bit easy but honestly I don't mind the easy ones at all because it's so much fun - you can replay levels too and create different solutions each time so you're forced to move away from the obvious answers and get more entertaining results! Once you've got the hang of the game, you can even have a go at creating your own levels - something that opens up a whole new dimension to creative invention!

I've been telling everyone about the game since I got it - if you've got a DS, this game is a definite must! I've found there's an earlier Scribblenauts game too Scribblenauts (Nintendo DS) so I'm going to order that one next - hopefully it'll be just as good!:)
on 16 February 2013
Being a massive fan of the original Scribblenauts, this was always going to be a guaranteed purchase for me (mainly because you can pick it up dirt cheap almost anywhere). I wholeheartedly recommend this game for anyone with a DS, DSLite, DSi, DSiXL, 3DS, 3DSXL or the future 3DSiSPXL.

Can't really think of what else to say on this one to be honest - basically it's a cracking game, essentially similar to Scibblenauts, but with the rubbish stylus control method gone, all the awkward impossible "action" levels scrapped and replaced with a much cleaner, well presented hub. Plus, you can now use adjectives to alter your creations! So instead of a dragon, you can have a giant pink hungry zombie dragon. In the words of a well-known toy manufacturer - "Oh, the possibilities!"

It's probably the only DS game I have totally rinsed so that there is literally no further unlockables, every level is completed with a gold star and I have a ridiculous amount of obsolete starites (the in-game currency) with nothing left to purchase! If you haven't played the original, buy this game on the cheap, see how amazing it is when you can conjure up any item you can think of and laugh your head off when you're riding a flying giant friendly purple lion and busting caps in asses of scared tiny dying puppies. I'm a b******, I really am.

Oh, and if you have played the original then you will absolutely love this - every improvement you wanted, and more.
on 29 December 2010
Bought this for my 16 year old daughter's Christmas and she has had her nose buried in it at every opportunity since.
Some of the questions seem quite challenging and it is really keeping the brain active.
on 7 February 2011
In short, this game is AMAZING! Who doesn't find creating a "giant rideable flying orange baby" funny? Single player is quite easy and is clearly aimed at a younger audience. Thankfully the creation and playground modes cater for all ages and the game gets 5 stars just for that! Funniest game I have played in a long time and suitable for all ages! It really is amazing how many words they have included here, don't be fooled by the childish appearences, this is a quality game!
on 14 July 2013
This is quite an old game by now but I picked it up for about £4 (believe it or not, it went down to £2 at one stage on Amazon). If you played the first game, you might want to skip on this at any price. The game feels much shorter, less inspiriing and just boring after a while. The major improvement was the camera but it's a case of a little too late, the game just feels stale.

I guess for the price I paid, I can't complain but it was never worth anything over £5.
on 26 December 2011
I got my 10 yr daughter her first DS - a 3DS - for Christmas. I bought her Lets draw and the 3D Nintendogs & cats ...(I know you shouldn't look - together I paid £25 more than they are currently for sale!) -and a few preowned games (My Sims, My Sims animals -she likes my Sims animals africa on the Wii).
On the discount day (Black friday?) this popped up at £6.99 - cheaper than preowned with good reviews and so I bought it as an 'extra'....and I am so glad I did!
It is far and away her favourite....
The first game she played was Nintendogs - for about 30 mins - and then Lets draw for another 30 mins - same for My Sims animals - she said all 3 were boring...
then she played with My Sims which she liked....and finally out of boredom she tried Superscribblenauts...and now I am struggling to drag her away from it ...
She is good at English and enjoys reading anyway...but the thing she loves most is the craziness of it -(I'm riding on a rainbow coloured monkey - now with wings -so it can fly ....) - if it is educational she doesn't realise it!
Maybe if I hadn't got it she would have been forced to play the other games more ..but at less than the price of preowned games it is an absolute bargain...
on 20 September 2015
This game won't change your life, but it will make you marvel at just how many things you can type in and make appear in game to help you solve the puzzles presented to you. My only real gripe is that it really could be longer. I completed all the way up to the special levels in just a few hours in the time it takes me to get to work and home on the bus.
It's a really fun and interesting puzzle game.