Customer reviews

Format: DVD|Change

on 17 October 2010
Great DVD for girls, my 10 year old daughter had this for her birthday and loved it.
on 6 October 2010
I have 3 daughters between the ages of 3 and 6. They love all the Barbie movies and this one is no exception! They especially enjoy the humourous parts, music and the fashion show.
on 8 November 2010
I'll be honest; I was prepared to hate this movie. I disapprove of Mattel's decision to abandon fantasy films, fire Kelly Sheridan and put so much attention on Barbie's "acting career". But I gave it a chance, and I was pleasantly surprised.

Yes, it's a lot more "fashion-orientated" than earlier movies, but the story was strong and it was a lot of fun. I liked the characters, particularly Marie-Alecia, Delphine and Aunt Millicent. Ken also provides some comic relief with his journey to find Barbie.

I'd say it's worth giving a shot, at least. It was certainly better than Mermaid Tale.
on 8 November 2012
I bought this DVD for my 6 year old daughter's birthday & she loves it! She's watched it quite a few times already! This movie makes her very happy, which means I would highly recommend it.
on 8 January 2017
Bought this for a stocking filler for my daughter and we made it yesterday, we are so disappointed! The plaster set with in a min, whilst we was still mixing it ( it says 5mins on the box). The plaster wouldn't go into the moulds as it was setting, then badges wouldn't go into the already setting moulds so badges was out. The paint selection is very basic, they kindly added some colour combinations to make different ones, however all the primary colours are not there so can't make half of them! Then some broke taking out and the magnets wouldn't stick to the plaster when set!
on 28 February 2012
Great for all wee girls that love Barbie...... lots of songs for them to sing and dance too. Story a bit hard for young girls to follow BUT my daughter just loves it.
on 18 September 2010
My daughters copy of Barbie: A Fashion Fairytale came in the post today and it's more grown up then the other Barbie films but she enjoyed it just as much if not more then the other Barbie films. She is five years old and likes the music and all the fashion designer stuff throughout the movie. Barbie and her cute dog Sequin visit her Aunt in Paris where they must save her fashion shop from being shut down. There is alot of humour with Ken trying to find Barbie in Paris. Overall this is another big Barbie hit for my daughter and I expect other young girls who like Barbie too.

Bonus Features are as follows:

Outtakes
I Can Be...A Fashion Designer
Life Is A Fairytale - Music Video
The Ultimate Barbie Party
Mermaid Tale Music and Dance Video
Trailer Gallery
on 16 October 2015
Delivery arrived quickly. Was as id expect packaging wise. Very happy customer, thank you.
on 22 August 2016
This is a nice Barbie storyline.
However, I was a bit shocked when I realized the DVD I received still had a security tag inserted in the case - a bit odd?
on 15 February 2011
I buy all Barbie DVD for my two girls who are aged 9yrs and 11yrs. Even at this age, they love watching Barbie. They were both looking forward to this DVD since it was advertised but I will be honest and say it was not a great as some of the other Barbie DVD that we owned.
There were far too much talking and not so much of action or excitement.