on 23 June 2017
Well balanced story told with great understanding and belief. The story line expresses feelings and consequences well and is thoughtful within the text used alongside just enough imagination to make the reader enjoy filling in their own thoughts.
on 7 October 1997
As an attorney, I've read a lot of legal thrillers, and R.A.Forster's KEEPING COUNSEL ranks with the best. This story moves.
From the outset, we are pulled into the moral dilemma faced by Tara Linley, the lawyer who meets her best friend's new lover only to find herself ensnared by this charming man into defending him against criminal prosecution for a horrifying murder. Is he certifiably insane? Or merely a sexy but psychopathic killer who delights in manipulating his power over Tara and her vulnerable friend?

This book is full of thrills, both emotional and intellectual. When Tara is pitted against influential friends who pressure her to give her client up, she questions the very foundations on which her life was built. Surely her best friend's safety is more important than some technical vow she took when she was sworn in as a lawyer. But how can she live with herself if she doesn't honor the system she has sworn to uphold?

I finished it late last night, so I'm fresh from the excitement of this book. KEEPING COUNSEL dishes out danger, desire, and romance as it zips through this compelling story taken from an actual case. I couldn't put it down. R.A.Forster is going places--and I'm along for the ride.
on 3 May 2012
Easy to read but keeps you on your toes throughout. A great read for the airport delay time or the beach tanning moments.
on 24 May 2012
Since I first downloaded the free Rebecca Forster book for my iPhone kindle app I have been hooked and happily paid for each subsequent book of hers.

She has a way of writing that just keeps you scrolling through the pages till the wee hours of the morning even though you know you're going to be exhausted the next day!

I'm a big reader and most specifically of good thrillers. Having read all of Patricia Cornwalls books and Tess Gerristins and other notable female writers of this genre I was very happy to find a new writer with plenty of titles to read in the future. Though to be honest the way I'm ripping through her books I'm guessing I'll be looking for another new author in a couple of weeks time!

So if you want a new author who will have you happily reading till all hours with her excellent suspenful page scrolling writing skills, this is the author for you.

Start with her free download in the witness series and then join me in happily paying for future books so you can get you Forster fix!!
on 31 May 2012
l downloaded my first Rebecca Forster from the freebie list, since then ive gradually bought most of them

this one didnt disappoint - brilliant and very enjoyable as always

now a total fan of this author l look forward to reading more of her work
on 24 October 2014
I have read most of Ms foresters books and enjoyed them. This one is dreadful. The lead Man is bad enough, all (yawn) animal magnetism but dangerously flawed. The lead female is painful to read. A lawyer (therefore clever) but so fatally drawn to this bad boy character you just wish to smash her head in with a dirty frying pan. I'm sincerely hoping he kills her then shoots himself. I'm halfway through but can go no further. If you like badly dramatised books and have a few hours of your life your happy to lose and never get back, read this. If not move on. The Mentor etc were so much better I'm half convinced this author didn't actually write this. Maybe just an off day. We all get them I guess.
on 15 July 2012
Quite good holiday read enough to keep the pages turning. Lightweight in parts and plot somewhat predictable but certainly suitcase worthy
on 17 December 2012
I loved the Witness series but I thought the plot of this book was pathetic. I cannot believe anyone who is terrorized in their own home would ever feel able to return there and sleep alone when the terrorist is known and liable to return. Must be a masochist.
on 27 June 2013
Excellent presentation of the ethical dilemma faced by a lawyer who knows her client is guilty and possibly dangerous to her friends and herself. Well written, with really believable characters, and very descriptive of New Mexico, and Albuquerque.
on 2 March 2013
Plot is good but writing is too laboured, not what you would call a page turner. I kept saying to myself, get on with it. The language itself isn't sufficiently compelling to keep my interest unlike some of her books.