on 24 November 2014
A++
on 10 September 2011
I recieded the fan two days after I purchased with amazons excellent 'standard' (yeah right, its flippin excellent) delivery service.
Works fine, bought it for my ps3 to keep it cool, theres been no problems after a couple of months use.
Very happy with this product, very flexible, can be used with a variety of devices (laptops, ps3s, etc.) Also, the ambient blue glow is a nice touch
Highly recommended
on 8 August 2013
There are a lot of these about, some better than others. I have tried two, and so far not that impressed, The bottom of a ps3 is dead flat, why Sony didn't put legs on the four corners was a bit stupid. Anyway, the fans keep making a noise on my ps3. had to go get a pack of felt pads, to lift the base off the acrylic tray. I sorted 4 out that fitted the bill, and stuck them over the 4 rubber little legs on the cooling tray. That stopped the fan noise, but , if i want another controller at some point, I will lose that usb port, Not knowing a lot about ps3s as this is my first 500HD, Im not convinced it really cools it down, the top, remains, still really warm. A lot of these are sold supposedly for Notebooks, They certainly wasn't tailor made for a PS3.
on 5 July 2012
I was very unhappy when I recieved this item as it was flimsy & bends out of shape when the PS3 is placed upon it.
It is also wrongly & or missleadingly described as it is a slopping laptop stand (AS STATED ON THE BOX) & was never designed to hold the weight of the PS3, so can the suppliers please describe there items properly from now on & help people from buying useless items that are not fit for the purpose that have been described on the advert.
I would give this a miss had I have known how flimsy & incapable of holding the PS3 it was.Horizontal stand with cooling fans for Sony PS3 / PS3 Slim
on 24 July 2013
this product is not not not for a ps3 and apart from looking pretty with its wee lights it wont keep your ps cool as the heat comes from the rear not the bottom of a consol,its flimsy and your consol wont fit onto it correctly.........all in all a rip off and NOT WOT IT SEZ ON THA TIN,MINE CAME OPENED AND WITH NO INSTRUCTIONS AND PROBABLY SECOND HAND. NAF
on 28 August 2017
The cooling fan keeps my consoles well protected from overheating and causing any malfunctioning problems! An absolute must purchase!
on 17 November 2015
It does what it says on the tin, although it is made of cheap and easy to bend plastic. Under the pressure of my PS3 FAT the feet bend. I hope it does not break.
on 4 August 2011
I read other comments before purchasing but really, if you want something that is hefty 'quality' it kind of defeats the purpose of something designed to go with a 'portable' laptop. Light it is, which I am sure anyone purchasing this for their laptop will be pleased to hear.You get what you pay for and this is an awesome little gadget for the price and the blue light is super cool under the PS3.
on 29 April 2016
The lights stopped working after a few weeks though the fan is fine.
on 5 January 2012
Update 2:
Due to recent developments in PS3 homebrew scene I can now tell you definitively the temperature change I experience with my PS3 slim (65nm RSX). I used Uncharted 2 played for an hr with the fans off but still on the stand CPU 65*C GPU 70*C then with the fans on played for 90 mins CPU 61*C GPU 68*C.

A quick update:
Turns out that the models are in fact different, this one here "TC-738" and the PJP supplied "MJ738". Both boxes have fan speeds rated at 2800rpm all I can say is from my experience the "MJ738" has better airflow/stronger/faster fans, they have different labels on them but otherwise look the same.

General:
The cable for the USB pass though comes out on the right so on a PS3 can only be in the right socket or gets in the way of the other socket. This product works just in a limited capacity. without the stand the underside of my PS3 burns my hand, its enough to deform the plastic over time, with the stand after hours it remains just warm to the touch. It lifts the and tilts the PS3 downward allowing better air flow and stopping the build up of heat between it and the surface it sits on.

Ive bought two of these one from this page by seller "TCT" and one from 3 Fan usb 2.0 Notebook, PS3, laptop cooler fan, laptop cooler pad, laptop cooling pad, plus 1m Meter USB 2.0 A Male to Female Extension Cable by PJP electronics seller "PJP electronics" and though they present the same they are not.

Most importantly the PJP item I received has stronger fans, on a flat surface you can feel the suction! Second the item here had only 2 out of 4 of the screws on each fan installed which made for a slight but constant vibration (star lost), PJP had all 4 screw installed and no vibration. And finally PJP include an extension USB which allows you to use either USB on PS3 without blocking its neighbour or get a free USB extension cable. Another star lost because the USB pass-through was bent out of shape enough to make inserting a USB into it initially impossible, repeated brute force has made it acceptable, PJP item had no problems.
22 Comments| 42 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse