Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's

Format: DVD|Change
Price:£9.99+ £1.26 shipping

Showing 1-10 of 52 reviews(5 star). See all 81 reviews
TOP 100 REVIEWERon 19 November 2015
Demons is a great film, and this is a wonderful release from Arrow.

You get two discs, a revisable cover and a nice little booklet.

The Blu-ray transfer is vey good, and gets a 4/5.
on 16 June 2015
I’m going to start off by saying that I absolutely love ‘Demons,’ but then I do enjoy some pretty cheesy horror films. If you’re thinking of watching it, even if you like horror, then you have to take your brain to another level (and it’s not a ‘high place’ either).

The plot of Demons is pretty easy to explain – demons (okay, they’re basically zombies, but we can call them ‘demons’ here) take over a cinema, leaving the audience is a desperate fight for survival. Someone once described it as ‘Night of the Living Dead, but in a cinema’ and I think that pretty much sums it up.

So, despite the plot being not that original, the way it’s done is. Firstly, it’s completely mad. Things happen for seemingly no reason. Plot lines are brought up and then discarded again without any real explanation. Some characters just sort of disappear, again with no explanation. And don’t get me started on ‘character motivation.’ If you’ve ever seen a few episodes of The Simpsons, you may have seen one where the whole town forms a lynch mob and just runs around following the first ‘leader’ brandishing a pitchfork. That’s how I see the cast here. They just sort of run around randomly until they get ripped apart.

So, there’s much to dismiss about Demons. Only, despite its – numerous – faults, it’s still so much (gory) fun. Back in the days before computer-generated special effects, you actually had to mix latex and slime to gross people out. Demons does that nicely, plus it’s brilliantly shot and there are some genuinely creepy scenes, aided by the lighting and simple camera tricks.

So, if you’re thinking of watching one of the most deliciously gory horror films of the eighties, you’ll need to like zombie-type movies in general, appreciate so-bad-they’re-good films and be able to ignore the fact that the actors are all dubbed by ‘better’ American voiceover actors. Put your brain ‘on hold’ and don’t bother picking up on the faults. That way you can enjoy one of the coolest horror performances by ‘Tony the pimp’ (a man I want on my side when the zombie apocalypse kicks off)
on 12 March 2016
This is Arrow at their best. Apart form the BFI Arrow seem to be the only company in the UK that is finding rare and poor quality classic movies and remastering them in HD for a better viewing experience. This particular movie which is a classic horror piece from the 1908s Italian horror movement is a great movie. But I have had to deal with both a ropey VHS and a grainy DVD for over a decade. Now this is like watching anew movie. Thank you Arrow.
on 31 January 2015
US Synapse release absolutely stamps the uk arrow disc into the ground and then mushes it about till its a squishy stain. It looks like it was shot with todays digital cameras, a prime example of what a true rescan of an old film can achieve on blu. If you like this film you have to get this release. But i'm keeping my uk steelbook, may never watch the disc but i'll always love looking at the case :)
on 21 November 2015
A fun 80s splatter classic by Lamberto Bava is presented here in a great release by Arrow Video. This is one of the best horror films of the 80s that wasn't a slasher, which I feel was a welcome change of pace. It was also co written & produced by Dario Argento. Almost the entire film takes place in a movie theatre as well. Basic plot is a bunch of people go to a theatre to watch a film they were given a promotion ticket to see. Some things happen (don't want to spoil it for those that haven't seen it) & now they have to survive against some Demons. It also has some light shades of the zombie genre also as if you get bitten or scratched by a demon you also become one. The music by Claudio Simonetti is also wonderful, especially the opening theme which I feel reminds my so much of the 80s & fits perfectly with the time the film was made in. The gore effects here are great so if you are into that kind of thing & haven't seen this film yet its a must watch. Extras include an interview with Dario Argento, trailer, commentaries by Lamberto Bava & various other cast & crew, a segment with Luigi Cozzi when he talks about some other Italian horror films he likes & of course the usual booklet which I liked as well. If you a fan of 80s horror films you cant go wrong with the fun & gory film.
on 28 January 2013
I remember my uncle having this and Demons 2 on VHS growing up, I grew up with a lot of old school horror films from the 80s & 90s. This film is absolutely fantastic if you are a real connoisseur to the Horror genre! Forget Saw! Demons is a great film with some fantastic visuals for it's time, as it originally was filmed in Italy I believe, the dubbing is pretty good also considering!
on 14 October 2013
I think this is a great piece of work. Especially the beginning, the way that is done is very good. The way it cuts between the movie in the movie and the movie itself is very interesting. When Hell breaks loose it's disturbing, frightening, tense, sad, horrific and surprising. It's all very effectively done.

Just about the only thing about the movie which I didn't "like" was the ending. I would have preferred it if it ended the moment before what is now the actual ending. I mean it's just more sadness while we already had a bunch of that already. There didn't have to be any more, in my opinion.
Love this film good fun and enjoyable horror flick lots of guts and Gore had it years back on video just had to get it again
on 15 April 2005
Cheesy acting, 80's fashion, poor dubbing, mysogonistic overtones, and crap special effects - not the best ingredients for a horror classic?
I remember watching "Demons" as a young lad and seemed to remember it scaring me to death - in a good way.
However, revisiting it as a 'grown up' I enjoyed it for entirely different reasons. I am surprised no-one has mentioned the highly camp overtones of this film - Like The Rocky Horror Picture Show on acid, but instead of "The Timewarp" we get Go West's classic synth rock "We close our Eyes" (Thank Christ!)
All in all a thouroughly and hilariously enjoyable waste of 2 hours!
on 27 November 2011
Well.........what can I say that has not been said by a previous reviewer Demons is a great movie what annoys me is that Arrow have put this and part 2 on ho ld so many times I have given up on this title

Demons and Demons 2 were meant to have been released last year 2010 and now Amazon informs us it won't be availible maybe some time next april?