Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£9.49

on 5 March 2014
Bought this for my Dad's birthday as he like's his history and is proud to be from Yorkshire. He thinks its brilliant its full of facts he didn't know and the history of the places in yorkshire are very intresting.
on 3 February 2011
Maybe Blue Badge Guides would know a lot of what is printed in this book.
But for those of us who take people on holiday and want to pass on interesting, but trivial, facts without droning on about churches, castles and so on, this is a great book.
Enjoy!
on 7 March 2014
Very good book interesting facts about the old ridings of Yorkshire.places I've know about and passed by now gives a better insight into places.born in York a lot of places I've never heard of.no big long boring passages just small bits of information straight to the point great for kids doing local history.
on 19 July 2012
Having left Yorkshire some years ago, was delighted to be reminded of my home . Have purchases extra copies for my relatives.
on 2 January 2013
After spending over 20 years of my life in Yorkshire this book still uncovered suprises and will help us plan trips to some new places in 2013
on 28 April 2014
Both my husband & I are Yorkshire born & bred and found things in this book even we did not know about . Great book about Gods own county and its many famous people
on 22 March 2015
Whilst this book is probably of not much interest to those who dwell beyond the Ridings it covers every inch, and is full of obscure facts - pleasant reading!
on 31 October 2013
to learn more about my birth county, a very interesting and amusing read. I would recommend to anyone as an interesting book
on 22 September 2013
I bought this for a present for someone who has lived in Yorkshire for many years, and he was very pleased with it.
on 17 September 2015
a very good read giving the reader a good historical perspective on most of the important places in Yorkshire.