Customer reviews

Format: DVD|Change

on 21 March 2013
saw this at the cinema a few years ago, but saw a clip of it on tv the other day for an advertisement company so it reminded me about it; leading to my purchase. is well worth buying it, love will ferrel in it, its absolutely hilarious at points, but can be a bit corny at others.
really recommend this if you want a laugh, some famous faces and something to lighten up your day
on 24 May 2017
Will Ferrell is always a pleasure to watch. This is a fairly wacky cop film. Good enough
on 2 May 2017
Really funny film. Wahlberg and Ferrell are awesome together. Excellent cast.
on 25 June 2017
So funny!
on 1 June 2017
10/10
on 25 September 2011
I started watching this film with an open mind not expecting much, just the usual buddy movie. What a surprise the pairing of Will Ferrell and Mark Walberg is a revelation. They play off each other so well and now it is in my top 20 films.
on 5 July 2016
This film had potential from it's idea, but lacked any humour or original scenarios, quite a seat shuffler.
TOP 50 REVIEWERon 15 March 2016
This is about as good as it gets for action of gigantic comic proportions. Will Ferrell and Mark Wahlberg are hilarious, the script is fantastic, there is some comment in there on financial swindling at an international level, that you can take very superficially or in more detail if you want - it actually seemed quite complex, but not in a way that makes it hard to follow the basic outline! And the action is very good. Ferrell's character is so surprising it takes you most of the film to get the character - completely off the wall. There's some kind of comic genius here ... and Wahlberg is also superb in his own right, as a police officer who has been demoted but is excessively anxious to prove himself, held back by anger management problems. For the best cop duo since Starsky and Hutch, you must see this!
on 24 February 2015
Laugh, laugh I almost went to Ethiopia! The Other Guys is a very, very funny film and for me to say that, not being a massive fan of comedy is not very common. I just think that most comedy films are not funny really. The only films that are flat out comedy and actually make me laugh every time are quite rare. My tastes include Ace Ventura, Dumb And Dumber, The Cable Guy, A fish Called Wanda, Twins, The Big Lebowski, The Burbs, Ted and of course, The Other Guys. I like comedy films when they have a bit if edge and not just stupid spoofs or pure rom cons because they make me wanna puke. What The Other Guys offers is part slap stick, part buddy cop action with witty banter throughout.

I love Mark Wahlberg because he can do funny, angry and serious at the same time which is why I really don't understand why he doesn't get the respect he deserves. He is a very good actor and makes great films. You just don't know what you going to get from him, from films like Contraband to The Fighter to the excellent Lone Survivor. The only film I won't watch is Transformers. Pathetic!!!! Will Ferrell, well I must be honest, this is the first film I have seen him in. I know, it's weird. He is funny in this and I can see why folks like him, but I won't be converted to watching some of the other stuff he has done. Like I said I'm not really a comedy kinda guy. Now, who is hilarious is Micheal Keaton who plays the police captain. No wonder he got nominated for an Oscar for Birdman! I can't wait to get that on Bluray!

For a comedy, The Other Guys has some great action sequences and is filmed in a very stylish way with funny slo mo shoot outs and ridiculous car chases. It's all done the way it is, very deliberately which really works. I think the best way to describe this film would be Bad Boys on acid.
Must admit if someone had told me that i'd find 'Will Ferrell' and 'Mark Wahlberg' teaming up in a tongue-in-cheek movie 'funny' i'd have found the idea---funny, but i'd have been wrong, because, this film will have you splitting yer' sides with it's dead-pan humour.
The story starts with 'Danson' and 'Highhsmith' ( Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson' and Samuel l Jackson' ) grabbing all the glory as 'NYPD'S' super cops, when they become victims of their own invincibility, the precinct's cop-partners compete to be seen as their replacement 'heroes'
Among the suitors 'Allen Gamble' and 'Terry Hoitz' ( Will Ferrell' and 'Mark Wahlberg' ) probably the least likely to do so, however the two latch onto a 'big-time' crime operation, despite being warned off by their superiors, they just can't let it go......but do they realize what they are getting themselves into ?
Give this a whirl i'm betting you'll 'love it' ................enjoy