Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's

Format: Audio CD|Change

on 23 June 2010
I absolutely love this album!
Miley is all grown up, and far away from little Hannah Montana.
In my opinion this is this best album she has ever done by far, my favourite tracks are Liberty walk, who owns my heart, can't be tamed, permanent December and robot.
As for the DVD, I was lucky to see her live in Manchester on 28/12/09 and it was an amazing experience, watching the DVD made me able to relive it and I loved the little backstage clips in between the songs.
Miley is such a lovely and bubbly person and a fierce powerful performer so I definitely recommend this album, even if you didn't enjoy her previous work. As this is more dance pop compared to her old teeny bopper style so it has more appeal to a much larger age range.
on 21 June 2010
As the only person to have actually bought this CD on this review page, I think I can safely say that it is BLOODY BRILLIANT!!!!

Today I just bought Miley Cyrus' Can't Be Tamed Deluxe album and I HAD to review it. I just paid £13 for the deluxe album, and can I just say it was worth every single penny!

The deluxe edition not only contains to album, but it also contains a special DVD of Miley Cyrus LIVE at the O2 in London, as well as behind the scenes content and interviews with Miley. I've just spent the last hour and half watching this DVD, and it's brilliant! Everything about the concert makes me wish I was there to see it in person!

The album itself is amazing in my eyes. To me, it's Miley's best album, and it's hopefully going to be huge! It's going to be her last album for a while, and she is certainly leaving it on a high!

Stand-out songs on the album are Liberty Walk, Can't Be Tamed, Permanent December and Stay to name but a few. The whole album is stand-out in my mind!
on 13 October 2010
i do know how any critics could have given this album a bad review!!1 i love her new image, shes almost 18 and just a little younger than me and i can garantee that i do things alot worse than she does as does every other girl my age and we dont get judged for it and it doesnt effect or careers so why should it effect hers!!! this is a great album, expecially liberty walk, two more lonely people, permenant december and stay. All the others are great aswell but these are the stand outs. seriously, buy it!!! if you love other pop musicians like britney spears, selena gomez, ect then you will love this!
on 22 October 2010
Having being forced to watch endless episodes of Hannah Montana by my 8 year old and 13 year old daughters I decided to take them to see the real Hannah at the MEN last December. At that concert Miley performed like the true Rock Chick she is, nothing like her Hannah persona, and the album reflects this change of direction. If you want Hannah Montana. don't buy this album otherwise I fully recommend it.
on 22 June 2010
If I was marking the CD on it's own I would give it 5 stars however I think it only fair to comment on the weaker half of the pack. As someone who was lucky enough to see the concert live at Birmingham the DVD is a bit of a disappointment for a couple of reasons, Firstly the cuts, After "Fly in the Wall" was performed the dancers and Miley did a short tribute to Michael Jackson by recreating the Thriller dance, then after the Howdown throwdown Miley left the stage (to change) and Will I Am from the Black Eyed Peas appeared on the bigscreen and gave a shout out and the dancers each did a spot to Boom Boom Pow. Now i realise that had these appeared then they would have had to pay however it is just a little disappointing as they were really entertaining parts of the show.

Secondly the interspersing of Interviews and backstage footage is distracting, they should have included a seperate option to play the concert with or without, but that's just my opinion. Definetely buy the CD however I would say buy the CD Only version and wait for the DVD to come down in price.
on 21 September 2016
Quite simply the best album ever made. Pure perfection. The title track Can't Be Tamed is the weak track. The other 11 are a work of genius. Totally outstanding compared to the very disappointing Bangerz.
on 23 June 2010
No matter how much Miley changes her image or sound people will probably always make reference to her as Hannah Montana.

That said though this is yet another step away from that Disney image. In fact a couple of the tracks wouldn't seem out of place on a Hannah Montana soundtrack but they also fit nicely with the overall styling of the album and they just simply work. You can definetely hear influences from other female artists which takes nothing away from the album

To be honest I've found myself in the past having to listen to some of her tracks 3 or 4 times before really coming to enjoy them but with this album every track was spot on from the first play.

Breakout
The Time Of Our Lives
on 26 June 2010
During the last four years, Miley Cyrus has become one of the most popular and opinion-formed celebrities in the tabloid world today, mostly because of her popular alter ego Hannah Montana, but also because of her own persona. Lately she's been taking some steps away from her Montana character. Let's face it; Cyrus can't be holding on her character forever and neither can be really blamed for wanting to distinguish herself from the character, which she's obviously demonstrates by releasing promiscuous music videos and a sexual pose on her new album (which brings the thoughts back to Britney's pose on her "Greatest Hits" cover).

But in a music industry where almost all female pop singers sounds pretty much the same, Miley have had some struggle to really stand out among. Sure, she's had a few hits, but mostly her songs have been pretty shallow and forgettable. Besides (whether Miley fans like it or not) she's had some noteworthy competition from her fellow Disney colleagues Selena Gomez and Demi Lovato (in fact, Gomez album were better than anything Miley released in 2009). And Miley's own music isn't really dramatically different from Hannah's music.

I shall confess that I was far from impressed when I heard "Can't Be Tamed" and thought immediately that Miley had dogged herself from all musical credibility and the absent of her in the music industry wouldn't be that remarkable, considering that she recently stated that she wants to leave the music industry for a while. Fortunately, that isn't the case; Miley's new album is actually a step ahead her previous albums, filled with catchy and listenable songs.

However, there's a remarkable notion with this album; why in the world were "Can't Be Tamed" chosen as the first single? After listening to the whole album, there's no doubt that "Can't Be Tamed" is with no doubt the worst song, if not one of Miley's worst ever. Although musically it's one of her less non-Hannah sounding songs, it's just comes off as a plain, uninspired and overproduced tune, which sounds reminiscent of a Britney song and the video appears as a vague excuse for Miley to sexualize herself. Whoever who were in charge of choosing that song as the first single, should be immediately fired, since it's a pity that the least interesting song should be representative for the entire album.

The rest of the tunes are fortunately more noteworthy. Basically, the songs are mostly pop songs with nice lyrics and a dash of electronic elements, but less obvious and more restrained than Lady Gaga and Christina Aguilera's recent work. While they're not particularly memorable, they're more enjoyable and listenable than anything Miley released last year. There are the upbeat, energetic songs as "Liberty Walk", "Who Owns My Heart", and "Two More Lonely People" (which has an 80 vibe to it), "Scars" and "Robot". There's two cute ballads as "Stay" and "Forgiveness and Love", while "Permanent December" sounds like a song that could appear on the Ke$ha album. If you'll look away "Can't Be Tamed" and the forgettable ballad "Every Rose Has Its Thorn", you'll have a quite compelling album. While it's not the most memorable pop album of all time, it's still a musical triumph for Miley.

Only time will tell if Miley really plans to abandon the music industry. Until then, she can be pleased to having released a one of her best albums to date.
on 29 August 2010
Perfect album for any miley fans - Favourites being liberty walk and permanent december. Deluxe edition has exclusive DVD of her on with her shows in london so you get to see her concerts even if you couldn't get there, and their are songs on that that arent on the album meaning good value for money.
on 23 July 2010
Quite a lot of people are commenting on the sales of this album, how it's not as high as Miley's previous albums; perhaps it is due to her change in style. Personally, the change in style is much needed and this is certainly a top draw album. I am suprised at how good this album is actually, it's fully of upbeat and also emotional songs. The best songs in my opinion are: Can't Be Tamed, Liberty Walk and Permament December. But in fairness they are all excellent.

This album definately gets 5 stars, one of the best I have heard for a long time, I highly recommend it.