Price:£2.55+ £1.08 shipping

on 27 January 2016
Ok I probably don't but here it goes anyway:

Squares of heaven. The delicate Buttermilk flavour that when dunked in tea is just sublime, no soggy digestive breaking off in your tea. With these you can dunk with the certainty that your rusk will be in one piece when you go for a bite. The perfect treat for elevenses.

Bit of History:

The Ouma legend lives on. The story of Ouma rusks started more than sixty years ago in the small North Eastern Cape town of Molteno. The great depression spurred Ouma Greyvensteyn and her friends to put their heads together to find ways of helping their church mission. Each woman invested half a crown and set out to grow their investment. Ouma Greyventeyn used her half a crown to bake a batch of rusks, using her trusted family recipe and selling them to farming families in the community. Orders soon started pouring in. Today, Ouma Greyvensteyn is still South Africa's most famous baker. The Ouma bakery is still baking rusks on the farm Friedenheim, on the outskirts of Molteno. No less than 100 full time staff work around the clock in shifts, ensuring that South Africans will always be able to "Dip 'n Ouma".
on 15 February 2011
I got addicted to these Rusks when I spent some time in South Africa as a volunteer - they are fabulous when dipped in a hot drink of Rooibos Tea - well I like them dipped in ice cold milk too - in fact any excuse to "Dip n'Ouma"
The postage costs on these make them ridiculously expensive in comparision to what you'd pay for them in SA - BUT you can't buy them from supermarkets here that easily so I was happy to fork out this once for a taste that really jogged some happy memories!
on 13 January 2016
This is such an iconic product as expectations were high when I ordered these. They arrived safely not broken at all and with a cup of rooibos tea I was in South Africa again. Thank you for the experience, I shall be ordering again soon.
on 11 August 2013
My husband works in the DRC (Congo) and was home in the UK on leave for just a few days. I ordered the rusks hoping that they would get here before he went back to Africa, and they did, with a few days to spare. He was ecstatic. Buttermilk rusks are his favourites !
on 24 September 2012
Why, oh why can't they make rusks like Ouma's here. Great product and greatly enjoyed by all.
I think I have set a precident by getting these rusks and might have to make this a repeat order...
on 20 July 2012
Just like South Africa. Thanks! Taste is great, takes me back. Will order again. Will tell all my friends. These are definitely the best.
on 11 March 2013
These are amazing to dip into a cup of tea! Yum. Love the packaging - bought two boxes and got my housemates addicted too!
on 11 November 2012
I bought these coz they remind me of home and when I was a young 'un my mum used to bring a rusk and cuppa to wake me up in the morning.
on 30 October 2012
Grew up on this and it is always a favourite in the household.
Always make sure that we some around in the house
on 28 March 2015
Have had this product many times in the past, but was horrified to see the high calorie count - 1 rusk is the equivalent of about 6-7 slices of normal bread so won't be purchasing this again.

See one answered question