Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£8.99

on 25 July 2007
TMBG return with their classic sound of quirky lyrics and cracking tunes, but this time with the addition of some great drum loops courtesy of the Dust Brothers. As an added extra, this edition came with a full length bonus disk containing 23 tracks from the TMBG podcast making 36 tracks, great value.

Within 2 listens it will have infected your brain and you'll be humming the tunes all day. Soon you'll be singing all about Sargon, Hammurabi, Ashurbanipal, and Gilgamesh!!!
on 30 July 2011
I'm a TMBG fan of many years (since 1990) and The Else doesn't do it for me. Out of the 13 tracks, I would say only 5 or so grab my attention.
Therefore I give this a 2 star rating If you're a fan of the band, get it to fill your collection, if you're not sure about TMBG, I'd give this one a miss and go for Flood, John Henry, Lincoln or Factory Showroom instead.
on 9 October 2009
I have been a great TMBG fan since Flood and have almost all their CDs and some 12" vinyl. The Else is good but if you are new to TMBG then I would advise you to get Flood, Appollo or John Henry first. There is nothing new on The Else which they have not done before and better. Still, its a relief to hear it after their pointless excursion into children's music which was pretty dire in my opinion.
on 28 November 2007
As a rabid TMBG fan since flood in 1990 I have been concerned at the noticable deterioration in quality as far as new product in recent years.
However I am pleased to report that Else is a return to form in a big way. the Mesopotamians in particular is everything the 2 Johns do best - superb melody and a lyric which makes you smile every time you hear it.
Go buy it - you wont regret it !!
on 18 October 2007
I got this cd the other day and its not the verson with all the extra tracks,
so please be aware when buying, it is just bog standard verson.
on 4 March 2016