on 3 May 2013
OK, it works right? It cuts your stubble in the lowest setting just as good as if not better than my old tri-head eshaver, however you cannot adjust the height mid shave, gets blocked fast in the wet and is really hard to predict where its actually going to trim to - ended up with a sideburn halfway up my head on first use.

Gonads wise - don't go there, it's ok for trimming the bush but look elsewhere if you're wanting to sack and crack trim... just no.

Skin wise, doesn't tear the skin to shreds on lower settings unlike my tri-head eshaver (which was twice as much as this).

I hardly ever use this product but more lately even on a full charge it seems to take a while to change settings or sometimes you have to press it a few times to turn on - I guess the gripes and moans from other people on here are accurate - BaByliss must have had a dodgy batch or be really awful at quality control.

BaByliss - I would like to know why such a big company is pathetic enough though to name it i-stubble, why rip off the apple brand like the Chinese on eBay??
on 15 April 2015
This had an O.K battery life when I bought it; now 6 months on, it's completely useless. It indicates a full battery, yet the charge doesn't for more than 2 minutes leaving me with only half my face beard free. Also, when it arrived the blades seemed to be dull, it can't seem to cut all the hairs in one pass. I've been struggling with it for too long, and now its going in the bin. For the steep price this thing is just awful. I wish I had gone with another Wahl trimmer, it took double A batteries and lasted months.
on 1 February 2014
After a lot of umming and aahing, I decided to buy this stubble trimmer based on Amazon reviews.

The first one I had, I dropped into the toilet and sadly does not work anymore (hint: close toilet lid if you are going to use it nearby).

Anyway, if you manage to keep it out of the toilet, it actually works very well. It has settings fron 0.4mm - 5mm length of stubble although there is some variations depending on angle used.

Charges quickly, cuts cleanly. Taking the length selector bit off allows you to tidy around the sideburns and the nose.

Loses a star because I do think it's a tad expensive - I paid around £40 on Amazon.
VINE VOICEon 24 May 2013
There are lots of stubble / beard trimmers out there. And I have had and been depressed by many of them.

This one is different.

A simple but clever system of settings allows you to adjust the blade height (and thus beard / stubble length) and the trimmer glides effortlessly over stubble to trim to that length. it is superior to any previous model I have owned.

It also charges fast and holds its charge very well, which saves so much time.

A joy to use rather than a trial, this is a lovely gadget, and one which I wholeheartedly recommend.
on 5 May 2017
Like most BaByliss products I've had they start of well enough, but soon degrade and fail in a relatively short period of time. The product did it's job satisfactorily whilst it worked! However, as this is the third BaByliss grooming product I have had over the years, I would not recommend or be making further purchases of their brand as the build quality is questionable at best.
on 31 March 2017
This lasted years and years. Upgraded to the new mobile but it was rubbish and failed after a short while. This is the one for you
on 6 March 2011
I had the original i-trim which was fantastic but like a lot of others have found, the battery died after a few years. They replaced it with another version at some point which I think is still for sale now, I tried that and it was terrible - plus it didnt go down to .5mm which I mostly use. The 7890U is even better than the original version with its moving head, it leaves no irritation on my face or neck and has a range from .4mm. Very happy with it.
on 4 June 2017
Great piece of kit. Brilliant. Cuts from 0.5-5. Easy to use, good charge
on 11 May 2013
I bought this as a replacement for using hair clippers. At first I liked it but after a while found that I might aswell have just stuck with clippers. OK the clippers dont have a screen to tell me hair length but from experience I know where to set the clippers to get the length I want. So I have gone back to them and this is in a draw somewhere.
on 31 December 2013
Worked fine for like a month (which was only 2 cuts of a small beard), did the job as expected, then the cut level stopped being adjustable, or responding to adjustment buttons. Would have left a 1 star review earlier if I had remembered I got them from here! Would happily send back for a replacement if it wasn't so long ago...