on 2 February 2015
very good except for 2 episodes on 2 discs did not play properly
on 31 August 2015
Excellent series, good value for money.
on 17 August 2012
I've been a fan of this show ever since I started to watch it back in 1988 as a 9 year old girl. I never stopped loving the show. In 2004 the Dutch television decided to air some 'best of' episodes on TV again, which brought back all sorts of memories. No DVD of the show to be found anywhere though, which I longed for so much. I really wanted to watch all of it again. I managed to buy DVD's from a Dutch person who had just burned her own VCR copies on DVD's. Quality was often quite poor, but at least I could watch it!
But then I recently learned the show has been released on DVD. I bought the box and even though I've only watched a few episodes, I have to say the quality is just fine. A lot better than my other DVD's for sure. Delivery was fast and perfect, no complaints here. The price for the DVD's is very fair as well especially compared to the Dutch website bol.com. I don't miss the subtitles, am actually glad they are not on there, makes it easier to watch.

This is still by far the only show I love as much as I did back in the days and I probably will love forever as well. Great atmosphere all throughout the series (except for the final season which was more negative and soap opera than all other seasons). What constantly lures me back into the show is just how normal it is. There is action, but it's never really over the top. There's harmony, friendships. And of course the Australian setting as well.

I was also happily surprised to see that the box included a small booklet with the main character profiles and pictures. There are even bloopers and other extras on there, though the blooper DVD I have containes a bit more bloopers. Edit: I was wrong here, the bloopers are actually spread over 2 DVD's (a season 1 and the last season 2 disk)The DVD's all look lovely as well, the box is basically just a box containing all DVD's, but still okay.

Tip: If your order from outside the UK, don't let Amazon do the currency conversion for you, it saved me about 8,- all together.

If you're a Flying Doctors fan and looking for all episodes on DVD, don't hesitate to buy the box. It's worth it for sure.
on 3 February 2014
Bought on behalf of Mother in Law - she is simply delighted with the box set. Daughter in Law on the good list!
on 18 March 2014
Nice box set, bit pricey but made g/f happy bringing back some memories from the 80's would recommend this box set
on 27 July 2011
Very good quality DVD collection. Well presented in series boxes. Each disc easy to follow with an index and synopsis of each episode. Brings back many happy memories.
on 6 February 2012
I have been waiting years and years for the series to be aired again on TV. About five years ago, they showed them again. I watched nearly every episode, but missed some, of course. At that moment, they weren't on DVD ... but now they are! Great, great, great! It's lovely to see the series again, it's unbelievable how this series is still as great to watch as it was when I was a kid.
on 22 October 2013
Very poor dvd quality. They stop halfway or don't play at all.
Nice series, but didn't finish watching it.
Can't recommend it.
on 30 November 2012
The content is the usual, well known episodes of the flying doctors.

The problem, is 2 of the discs were delaminated to a point where they could be played, and other discs were showing poor manufacturing where the silver didn't run out to the edge of the disc. It cost me 1/3 of the value of the set to return it to amazon, so I've paid NZ$50 for nothing!

I recommend buying locally, so you can check the discs - they are obviously recorded on cheap nasty discs.
on 29 November 2014
whats on tv now, is pretty terrible..so I decided to see if any of my favourite tv series were now on dvd and discovered 'The Flying Doctors' was!! I bought this from the Crawfords store, the whole series also comes with as a bonus, the mini series!!! and the whole set looks fantastic!!!
have started watching it..and its fantastic!!! some dodgy acting at times, but the heart and soul and the true aussie characters and the scenery and music, cant be beaten!!!
I'm soo glad I bought it, its a welcome change to whats on tv...brings back the innocence of TV again...
its as good as I remembered all those years ago..and along with MASH, The Nanny, The Young Riders, its in my top 5 of all time TV series...My addiction to this series has been re awakenend..and cant wait to watch some every night!! Can understand, why people from other countries want to be involved in the flying doctors or visit the outback..
as the RFDS plane soars, so do you!!!!
magnificent!!!!