on 19 June 2018
If you're considering paying more for this item (the Standard edition currently sells for a third of the value) because of those 5 extra tracks, go for it. If you want to buy it because of the complete set, including lenticular special cover: RUN. WHILE. YOU. CAN. I paid £12 for an 8-yr-old album simply because of the special packaging. What I received was basically the deluxe album without the only thing that made it worth the price for a collector: the special packaging. Apparently, Sony Music doesn't produce the lenticular anymore and, even though it is currently shown at the product page, there was none for me. If it couldn't get uglier, there is no distinction whatsoever between discs 1 & 2, leaving you to play a boring guessing game if you ever happen to misplace them inside the case.
review image
on 7 June 2010
The styled and polished vocal gymnastics that the general public would normally expect from Christina Aguilera are, in my opinion missing from this album. That is not to say that i wouldn't recommend you purchase Bionic, however if you're expecting something sleek like Back to Basics - you will have a big shock.

I would be lying if i said i wasn't a little disappointed when having a full listen to the tracks the first time round. This is simply because, some of the tracks seem to be lacking any emotion and could have been produced and performed by any girl who can hold a tune. 'Elastic Love' is a good example being one of the weaker tracks. 'Glam' again is not a great song for Christina to showcase her abilities, however it is quite a fun song for all those girls out there who identify with the glamorous lifestyle!

Stand out tracks are 'Bionic' which packs quite a punch. It's different, but it's catchy. The single 'Not Myself Tonight' which as we already know is a good pop song. Slightly more on the dancey side of things. 'Woohoo' took a couple of listens before i could appriciate the song as a whole, but this is a definate grower. We won't go into the subject of the song though! 'Vanity' is a really fun - if explicit - song. I found myself listening to this half in shock and half in hysterics. I'm still not sure exacly how i feel about this song, but i do know that it's just a bit of fun.

Christina goes back to her spanish roots with Desnudate. A good little dancey track with traces of spanish language throughout. I can't help but feel that 'Bobblehead' is a direct swipe at Britney Spears, simply because it sounds like 'Toy Soliders' and refers to girls acting dumb to get what they want.. remind you of anyone?? Maybe that's just my perception!

The ballards on this album are good. 'You Lost Me' is the big ballard of the album and is a really emotional story of heartbreak and lose. 'Stronger Than Ever' is a little more gritty, but is just as punchy. 'Lift Me Up' was the first song to be heard from Bionic, as it was one of the songs for Haiti's chairty event. I think this is one of the ballards which least suits Christina's previous style. 'All I Need' is a song dedicated to Christina's son. Any fans of Zero 7 and Sia will recognise the musical arrangements of this song. Very Sia-esque! But very beautiful.

As the title of this review states, i truly believe this album will not knock you out on the first listen, or even the second or third - but give it a chance and realise that Christina is a very talented creature. It would be too easy to stick to a tried and tested formula and by know we should know that with a new album comes a brand new Christina. This album has only been available for one day and already i like it much more that this morning. As i said - it's a grower
2 people found this helpful
on 23 February 2015
Listened to the CD on Spotify first and loved it so bought it to put it on my USB stick for the car. However, I later realised that there are only 15 tracks on the CD and at least 22 on Spotify. Will look out for this in the future if I need to.
on 30 July 2017
I love all her stuff
on 30 November 2017
Love this
on 14 December 2015
Quite simply, the greatest album I have ever heard. Christina Aquilera is as hot as hell. Best £3 I ever spent. Everybody should have Sex For Breakfast and some Glam in their life.
on 16 April 2015
THE LEGENDARY CHRISTINA AGUILERA HAS A VERY UNIQUE VOICE AND THAT IS A ALBU THAT EVERYONE MUST HAVE
on 21 February 2013
Xtina didn't have a good time while releasing this album and I still don't get why it flopped on the market. It's a wonderful experiment when she works with a more electric pop, never letting go of her voice-blended ballads. "Lift Me Up" and "I Am" just make me chill every single time I hear it.
on 8 February 2016
Great quirky album, some excellent tracks.
on 24 May 2015
Ok I only git this for one track with Nicki minaj in it but it's ok