Customer reviews

Hardcastle 5
Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£7.89

on 13 August 2008
Don't expect anything other than well crafted smooth jazzy soul, which is perfectly produced to create a beautfiful CD. I won't go into track details except there are no fillers here just great smooth and the odd funky track, inclduing a debut from PH junior which is excellent. If you like Paul's music this is more of the same so what are you waiting for..
4 people found this helpful
on 21 November 2013
Hear our first PH music being played by the Postie in his van, over in Canada. Thanks to him for the intro. Delivery and packaging fine.
on 7 April 2010
Very Easy to listen to, but at the same time, pretty groovie too,
a disc for all moods.
2 people found this helpful
on 29 January 2009
So far as I am aware, this album is up to Paul Hardcastle's usual good standard. However, I returned it to you,as an unwanted item, on 1/2 January and am still awaiting a refund. Your declared aim is to provide a refund WITHIN 4 weeks. Please contact me to advise progress.
G Jobe
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 6 May 2008
This is the SIXTEENTH CD by Paul Hardcastle which I have bought for my collection, and I always wonder if each new disk will be as good as the one before it. I needn't worry, though, because he just keeps on getting better! The man is amazing.

I like this one better than any of his others for several reasons: First, the tracks immediately sound like him, which is a good thing. His sound is always the perfect mix of sensuous rhythm, relaxation, hypnotic sounds, dreamy melodies, and chill-out bliss. I love the way it makes me feel.

Also, on most of his other CDs, he's had several tracks that I've really liked, some others I thought were nice, and one or two that I thought didn't quite fit the mood. Not on this one. This time he's done EVEN MORE of what I liked, and evened it out so that nothing jars the mood, or feels out of place. The new singer, Beki Biggins, has a nice smooth sound, especially when Paul's daughter Maxine sings back-up with her. Very nice.

The real revelation, though, is the last track called "Take One" -- a song written and all the instruments played by Paul's 16-year-old son, Paul Jr., who mixed it in his bedroom. I have to say I wasn't expecting much, thinking it would just be a bonus track from an indulgent father -- but I LOVED it! Paul Jr. is definitely following in his father's footsteps, I'm very glad to say. And when Paul Jr.'s OWN CDs start coming out, I'll be buying them too!
7 people found this helpful