VINE VOICEon 28 February 2013
The base of a moses basket is just as important as the basket itself. This one is designed to fit the Shnuggle plastic moses basket and it does a grand job.

Initial assembly caught me out as there's some subtle variations in the lengths of the pieces, but if I'd taken the time to read the manual I'd have been OK... so don't just blaze ahead and think you can build it, take a couple of minutes to spot the nuances in the instructions.

Once built, it does what you'd expect and holds the Shnuggle basket nicely. Folding it up is a bit tricky at first, until the joint in the plastic "band" has loosed a bit, and you've remembered to give it a bit of a knock down before folding it. It's not too heavy, the natural pine finish is smooth with no rough edges and it fits the basket well. Not a lot more to add - if you've bought a Shnuggle basket you probably need one of these...
2 people found this helpful
on 28 August 2014
Its very stable when you eventually put it together. Some of the cross pieces fit very snugly into the holes so you really have to put some welly into squeezing them in. The pieces aren't labelled in any way so the trick is to line up the top long pieces of wood with the holes in before fitting any screws. It is a bit confusing as all the pieces look the same length but if they are upside down it will be really obvious as it won't look straight. From a safety point of view the cross pieces are attached with 3-4 cms long screws so the chances of this falling apart with the Moses basket in I would say are very small. Just need to figure out whether to swaddle or not now! :)
on 7 February 2014
I bought this as a support for the Shnuggle moses basket and it is the perfect fit. Make sure you read the instructions before putting it together (the legs have screw holes that have to go the right way up), or you will end up taking it apart and starting again like I did!
on 22 January 2014
have looked at it but it has not been put together yet as the baby is not due till end off April
on 1 July 2013
not very dificult to assemble, but i reckon ikea do a better job explaining. still it works great and is foldable.
Perfect for what we are expeting to use with the moses basket we already have .
on 14 April 2013
Fast delivery, this is perfect to hold our moses basket, very handy to move around as it fold back up, happy with product.
on 12 April 2015
Loved it
on 11 December 2013
This is a sturdy stand but doesn't weigh a tonne for moving from room to room. Useful ability to rock my Shnuggle ,less basket. Great!
on 13 October 2013
I bought the shnuggle Moses basket and obviously needed the stand to go with it. Seems sturdy enough and it's not hard to put together!
on 1 March 2014
I expected this item to be relatively easy to assemble - judging by the photo....wrong!

My wife spent two hours working together to finally assemble it. Reasons -

The delivery package contained a selection of unlabelled sticks

There were no written instructions, just four diagrams. The first I could understand, the second and third were unintelligible, and the fourth showed the final product. No help at all.

We decided that perhaps we could use our commonsense and started to assemble it. The holes provided for the screws were not straight and not big enough so this made the screwing very hard work. (A single mother,trying on her own, would not have succeeded because of the effort required) I had to replace five of the various srews with my own thinner types in order to screw them in.

The result looked unbalanced ....and then I realised that the smaller struts had to match up with the inner legs and the longer with the outer!! Not made clear in the "instructions".

So I then had to dis-assemble and start again.

Finally, after two hours of joint effort and a strain on our marriage, the stand was assembled!

Don't ask me to dis-assemble it and send it back to you! My nerves wouldn't stand it.
|11 Comment|Report abuse