Customer reviews

Format: Audio CD|Change

on 10 January 2016
Be careful
on 8 April 2013
This is an extraordinary collection! 160 disks for £82 including delivery (via a special offer in BBC Radio Times to coincide with the recent Radio 3 Baroque Spring programming). That's around 50 pence a disc. I am very impressed with the presentation, the overall sound quality, everything in fact. I am presently working my way, deliciously, through all the cantatas. How wonderful to have them all at hand for the first time in my life. The Brandenburg concertos must be amongst the very best I've ever heard both in performance and recorded presence. This entire collection will take some time to hear but what a glorious adventure it will be.
on 7 February 2014
Amazing! One dollar per cd for the complete works of Bach. Some A recordings, some C- recordings but a great bargain for a one of a kind compilation.
on 3 February 2015
Absolutely delighted with this purchase. Some excellent performances at an astoundingly low price for such a vast collection.
on 27 February 2017
Long time dreaming to have this great collection. It Exceeds my expectations.. strongly recommends
on 7 February 2013
this was a present for my son who is loves Bach's music. The collection arrived very promptly in perfect condition. My son tells me that it is very good quality and he is delighted!
on 18 June 2013
I have quite a number of pieces by Bach; mainly, I suppose, the more famous works. This hefty box set is an opportunity to sample all of Bach's works. I have not listened to them all, but I have listened to a range from each oeuvre - organ, cantatas etc. I am particularly impressed with the cantatas: the alto, a counter-tenor, has a wonderful sound, as do the tenor and bass. Just for the cantatas it is worth £85. There will be better recordings for each work, no doubt, but to access so many works for this price and to discover some wonderful cantatas is undoubtedly an opportunity not to be missed.
on 1 December 2015
If you like Bach you must buy this!
on 8 July 2015
Excellent quality-price ratio
on 28 December 2014
How good is this? have only just started listening to it though. The highlights so far have been the first 4 discs of the cantatas - Ruth Holton is admirable is my book - very gentle with great pitch Her voice is unusual, rather reminiscent of the boy sopranos from Vienna, but smoother and more controlled. Sytse, the countertenor, also sings with great pitch - (not all the most famous countertenors do). The ensemble sounds great, and seem to have inherited the Dutch way of doing things - however without too much inegale. Jed Wentz is a real master of the baroque flute.
The acoustic is quite resonant, which makes the sound special; I imagine it was great to sing in this building. Really lovely.
To have the scores and details on disc is an added boon this very good complete set of Bach, and having been a Bach enthusiast for year, particularly on period instruments, I can give this the thumbs up.
As I go through I will update - long way to go!