Customer reviews

The Rector's Wife [DVD]
Format: DVD|Change
Price:£11.42+ £1.26 shipping

on 27 June 2015
I enjoyed the book and therefore wanted to see the TV version. Made 20 years ago it is less slick than we are used to today - perhaps too determined to leave nothing out. The Archdeacon is miscast though his brother is excellent.
on 5 May 2017
One of JT's earlier books and one of her best. So pleased an adaptation was made with an excellent, believable cast.
on 8 January 2018
enjoyed this drama when it was first shown - and really enjoyed watching it again all these years later
on 11 November 2017
I have enjoyed watching the film.
on 11 September 2015
My wife is thrilled with this excellent production
on 29 September 2012
I was surprised how enjoyable this film was. I saw this actress in A Year In Provence, but her she excels. You wonder about the morality but soon understand her situation. I would recommend this film to those who appreciate British situation comedy but it's not that funny, just good.
on 7 April 2013
Can't underatnd how I missed this when it was broadcast in the early 90s. Brilliant and excellent acting by Lindsey Duncan.
on 19 March 2015
Love this - so true!
on 17 April 2013
I watched this as a serial in the 1990's and
remembered it fondly. The DVD was very
enjoyable and the acting superb.
on 1 March 2015