on 16 February 2012
As others have pointed out, 2 years ago someone at BBC records apparently decided to alter the soundtrack:
leaving out 4 essential songs that were a part of the original soundtrack, including the theme tune (!!!!!!!!!),
adding 5 songs that have no link whatsoever with the series, and replacing a number of the authentic versions with more recent recordings.
So, avoid this one and try to find an older print.
on 11 July 2014
The song I really wanted from the cassette wasn't on it, about your ankle bone being connected to your foot bone by the Inkspots. Another reviewer says they changed four tracks! They should call this something else and stop misleading people.
on 11 August 2012
I have a vinyl copy of this album bought back in the day when it was first on the telly. I don't play many LP's these days and wanted to update the format for a trip down memory lane. I should have looked a little closer as the track listing on the CD is different from the LP and some of the versions have been changed. Bit disappointed but not massively. Such is life.
on 9 June 2012
Although the item was in excellent condition and arrived soon after purchase, I was disappointed by the selection of songs as most were not from the television series of Potter's excellent play.
on 12 May 2014
Would have rated higher if it included "Dem Dry Bones" (Fred Waring and his Pennsylvnians) - the only significant omission I can think of...
on 5 February 2013
Bought this CD to replace the one I had back in the 80's. Thought it odd when some tracks were missing, Lili Marlene sung in English, other tracks messed up. A waste of money. Now have to try again and buy the proper unadulterated original CD.
on 8 February 2011
This is a superior sound to the original cassette tape I had many moons ago, great stuff, my only disappointment was the track 'Paper Doll' [one of my favourites] is missing.I would appreciate Amazon listing all tracks on every CD!!
on 3 June 2016
Can't go wrong with this great music for the car.....bought this 3 times now and great tracks from a memorable series.
on 30 September 2010
I loved the TV series so the music brings back lots of memories of that great story, but these are equally wonderful songs in their own right. They remind me of some of the tunes my grandparents used to hum. Although they mask some very deep emotions (especially the war times songs about being apart)the words are often very simple and endearing and my two small children (four and five) love to sing along with them and find the light-hearted ones and the orchestral pieces really funny.
on 2 January 2015
My grandmother loved this album - could sing almost all the songs x