on 14 March 2011
I strongly recommend you know what you want before buying.

I wanted a portable (ie rechargeable or at least, battery powered like the D100) dock for my iPhone 3GS. I also like bass and good clarity with reasonable volume, so after reading many reviews I went for this one by Creative (I will add that I have bought Creative stuff before and always been impressed, so that was an influence).

Within half an hour of plugging it in, I was re-wrapping it and preparing to return (which went through without a fuss, excellent service Amazon). Reason: bass was too weak and volume too low - for MY tastes. The other side to this is that the D100 cost £49 and for that money it's very good; I simply recognised that I got what I paid for, that I needed to up-budget, and have since bought the Logitech s715i (also from Amazon) for £99, and it blows me away - a fantastic piece of kit. My pros and cons of the D100:

* handy, portable
* good sound for what it is, ideal for things like picnics or as an enhancement to laptop speakers
* bluetooth set up was a doddle and painless
* some funky colours, though I went for boring black
* reasonably solid build, Creative make quality kit

* bass isn't up to my reggae and soul favourites (if you crank up the bass, this isn't the one for you)
* volume is okay for a small-medium room but no more, I was at "10" a lot
* contrary to other reviewers, I found the shape irritating - it kept slipping out of my grip

Overall: for £49, an excellent buy but note caveats above
44 Comments| 57 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 20 May 2017
Best portable speaker I have had. Plenty of volume and batteries last a long time (so long as you remember to switch off when not in use)
on 28 June 2013
Bought this to replace the one taken when our house population was reduced by one significant other. I got this far cheaper than the one we had originally, which was a plus!

Easy to set up - just plug it in to charge or install batteries, sync with your Bluetooth device and off you go.

Recommended especially if you have garden parties or barbeques as you can just take the speaker out and put it in a corner :)
on 14 January 2013
Great product for the price, agree with other reviewers, bought it for my wife for xmas, she is very pleased with it. With reference to other reviewers, there are very few instructions given as you do not need them, it was very easy to pair up it takes seconds!!!, sounds good, would thoroughlly recommend.
on 1 April 2017
I'm no audiophile, but the sound this produces sounds pretty good to me, and it couldn't be easier to use.
on 3 August 2015
I've had this now for a few years- it's such a reliable device - loud, good base, still going strong- I use it with my mobile
on 28 May 2011
I looked around a lot before purchasing these speakers in May2011 and have found it absolutely what I needed. Here are the good points:

-I use it via bluetooth with an Iphone 4 and a MacBook early 2010 model and it works perfectly.
-Good quality sound, way better than built-in iPhone 4 speakers (which are not too bad in itself). I listen a lot to internet streamed talk radio on my iPhone and the Creative speaker makes for a smooth listening experience.
- You can choose whether you listen from the speaker or from your device by adjusting from your device, e.g. iPhone, without disconnecting bluetooth. They do not interfere with each other. Brilliant!
- You can adjust volume from your device and/or from speaker.
- The speaker can be used from the mains or from 4 AA batteries. When I am using rechargeable batteries, they are lasting a very long time. Please note, when plugged into the mains, it does not charge the batteries.
- Easy to pair up bluetooth devices.
- Also works with anything via the speaker's AUX IN input. (Have not tried this yet, as I don't have the jack link).
- The advantage over 'docking' speakers is that e.g. a smartphone can be used with this speaker remotely (bluetooth) with the smartphone in your hand that you would not be able to do if it were docked in position on the speaker. i.e. answer the phone without having to go the dock.
- Feels like a quality product, light but no way flimsy. Does not move about once on a surface due to 4 rubber pads.
- It even comes with interchangeable plug ends for the mains, UK 3 pin and Euro 2 pin, how thoughtful.
- The blue colour I have looks really good, not too flash nor too serious like black. (That's very subjective of course).
- Excellent price for what it does. There may be better sounding speakers but they are also 5 times or more the price. These ones you can take anywhere with you, as they can run on batteries.

Cannot recommend more highly.
P.S. I have no link to Creative, I just love this product and want to help others looking for a similar product like I was.
on 2 January 2015
Works fine
on 9 November 2012
Great piece of kit , works with i-phones , i-pad it has reallygood range and without distortion well worth buying!!!!
on 2 September 2010
I've been using these speakers daily for about a month, and I'm pretty impressed with them. I have spotify on my phone (android) and I mostly use the speakers to listen to spotify without booting up the computer etc.

The sound quality is really good over bluetooth, and also I have connected my TV to the speakers via the line in socket, because they sound way better than the TV's built in speakers (5 year old sony Bravia).

When you connect a TV it doesn't disconnect bluetooth, you can actually play music over bluetooth and sound from the TV at the same time, so to switch you just mute or turn off one of them. There is no volume control for the line in port on the speakers, I use volume control on the TV remote for that. There is volume control on the speakers for bluetooth sources though, but I just set that to max permanently and then adjust volume on my phone.

I've taken the speakers outside for a barbecue a few times and they worked really well outdoors on batteries too.

The only negative thing I can think of is the speakers are bigger than I thought - less portable than my Creative travelsound speakers which these replace. But the sound quality is a lot better because of this (and there is some bass). Overall they have been a great investment.