TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 22 September 2016
A complete package to get you up and running with Freesat for at least 2 rooms.
This was bought to replace an old dish for my in-laws that had rusted away (the dish, not the in-laws). It's exactly the same as the Sky dish I had installed a few years ago. It's quite sturdy metal with a thick coat of paint, so should last a while. It even has "Sky" embossed in the metalwork.

The mounting bracket isn't shown in the picture but is a square plate that fixes to the wall with four large bolts and plugs supplied. You'll need to fit it on a wall roughly facing the same way as the dish, as the arm's not overly long, which limits the adjustment a tad. It was only an issue for me as the old bracket on a chimney was facing the wrong way, the old dish having a long 'swan neck' arm.

Connecting the arm using two small bolts supplied is a bit fiddly as they are surrounded by the azimuth adjustment housing. A socket would be much easier than using a spanner here. I only say, as when on the roof I realized this was the case and hadn't brought the sockets up with me.

Assembly is easy enough, with two more bolts for elevation, four screws to mount the dish to the arm, and a small plastic clip to keep the LNB in place. I've got a satellite finder, but to be honest a bit of trial and error with someone shouting "Yup, you've got a signal" from the lounge and you'll be fine. All you need is some tape to fix the cables nice and neat, and maybe some WD40 to go over the screws and bolts.

I was worried that being so cheap there must be something wrong with it, but this seems to be a real bargain.
on 26 November 2014
bought this to replace the Mk1 Sky mini dish we had for ages. We needed it as you could no longer get a multi LNB for them. So for the cost this was a good buy. Set up was easy even without any instructions as I had a sat finding meter as well. The output also seemed to be slightly stronger as well than the old dish as took a reading from the meter before taking the old one down and then one from the new dish. It also arrived fast and well wrapped which trying to get it out from all the bubble wrap was fun but means it was protected well.
4 people found this helpful
on 20 April 2017
Works well, set mine up by waving in the right general direction until I got a signal on the sky box and then very gradually honed it in until the signal bars were full. Also spray painted it white as house is freshly rendered and I wanted to to protect it and also make it blend in. Has worked quite well. Not sure about fixings as I binned them in favour of my own stainless screws, don't want to risk rust marks. All in all good value.
on 29 August 2017
I had an old Raven Sky minidish I installed 15 years back, and made the mistake of thinking I could still get UK broadcasts in SW France on a Zone 1 dish; however, having got a Zone 2 Raven dish, I found I could adapt the kit to let me use the original wall fixing for the new dish, rather than have to drill to mount a pole fixing. It works well (once I got an HD receiver for it) and the improvement in picture quality is great.
on 7 September 2015
This is a good basic dish for the price. I used it to replace one that had stopped receiving signals. It was reasonably straightforward to fit. My main criticisms would be that there is only one securing screw for the horizontal plane where 2 would have prevented any rotation whilst tightening and that some of the self-tappers that secure the dish required some coaxing to engage. Having said all that, the dish is successfully receiving satellite channels with a strong signal.
on 22 February 2014
I bought this to replace an old flimsy plastic dish from Maplins I'd finally lost patience with, damaged for the last time in the recent storms. I live in the south of England and have excellent terrestrial reception, so not interested in UK freeview satellite transmissions, but rather we tune to the Astra 19.2 continental array and receive the vast selection of European channels which my wife loves, being able to speak several languages (mostly lost on me though, I am afraid!).
The price was so low it seemed like a bit of a risk. But I needn't have worried. The product is very robust and well designed, I'm sure I won't have the previous hassle of rushing out to readjust it after every gale. As per some of the other reviewers, I can confirm there are no instructions provided, but it is all fairly obvious. It is actually quite easy to find instructions for the same or similar on line if you really need them. Easy to set up, with my satellite detection meter I was up and running again in no time. The LNB came already correctly adjusted in the bracket and even has a built in spirit level to help you get the whole set up just right. I now get a stronger signal than before from the Astra 19.2 European channels. I am sure it will be just as good if not better for the UK channels at Astra 28.2.
In summary, good product at excellent price, recommended.
on 6 July 2016
Perfect kit to set up your own Freesat set. Very high quality Dish and LNB unit with quad outputs. Very sturdy mount brackets and stamped up as 'SKY' units. Just need to provide a cheap compass and satellite finder unit ( I got a good one from Screwfix for about a tenner, also got a reel of good quality cable and F connectors from them),and look online for the direction you need to point the dish to Astra 2 Satellite.

Very simple to fit and quick to locate a good signal. We've had torrential rain here ( Hello, Summer!!) lately, but absolutely rock solid signal from this setup , no digital breakup at all!.. Well recommended.
on 25 March 2017
Took me a while to figure out how it goes together, no instructions or diagram of any kind. However the dish is well made and the LNB should be ok. Only buy if you are exterienced in this field or have a friend who is.
on 1 September 2015
Everything you need to get Freesat (or replace a failing sky dish), although you need to get yourself 4 bolt to fast it to the wall as none are supplied - I chose Shield Anchor Bolt Type M8 from Screwfix for less than £3.
Easy to adjust the tuning as it allows the adjustment in 3 directions and has a spirit level to make sure the tuning is for all 4 LNB connections.
recommend a digital tuner as doing this up a ladder viewing the strength at the same time as tightening 5 10mm bolts is a bit tricky.
but I managed to get a 100% SNR at the box without any difficulty.
used twin cable and outdoor compression fittings to weather proof them
on 23 July 2013
This satellite dish was bought to replace a very large dish which was too big to relocate. I assembled the dish very easily and setup was also easy. I got a great picture and sound right away. You don't need to pay Maplin prices when you can get such a great dish kit for such a good price. The quad LNB would cost double this item price in most stors.
Highly Recommended. I have ordered another one so as to experiment tracking other satellites.