on 1 October 2006
Without doubt this is the best ever season of the A Team. It features so many of the classic episodes. The one where Face is pardoned and another one where we meet BA's Mum, priceless. This season has many guest appearances from the stars of the eighties, Rick James, Isaac Hayes, Hulk Hogan, Boy George....

You simply have to own this box set. Your life is incomplete without it!!

So stop reading this and buy it now!!!
on 30 January 2010
I have been watching the series of A-Team from series one and I have to say that series 4 is the best to date. The actors have just got better with each series. We have three men on the run and one in a mental institution who gets broken out when needed on a mission. In this series it is even remarked upon how they are running out of excuses to try and get him out ny Templeton who lists all the organ he has donated to generals.
It has been remarked that this series is a bit stale and that they had to bring in famous people to help it along, I think that this couldn't be more wrong. It shows how popular this series was that they were in the episodes, the usual firefights are in there where bullets are sprayed with abandon. Cars going end over end, and there is even one episode where a couple of the members have an accident themselves this way in.....a golf cart! I almost wet myself, it was most unexpected. There are even a few people killed during the series, not by the A-Team I hasten to add. The series also shows a bit more of what the members do in between missions, how they have their own persuits.
If you are a fan of the series, you cannot miss out on this series, I am only sad that there is one more series to go as I am loving watching the episodes I saw when I was younger and all the ones that I wasn't able to watch at the time.

5 stars!

*EDIT*

I have just finished watching this series fully and at the end you get a bonus episode from series 5 and there is a 30 minute program on the series of the 80s and how they affected american culture.
Also, I would just like to say that the last episode in the series "The Sound of Thunder" was an especially poignant episode as the team goes back to Vietnam and it gives a bit of an insight into the way american soldiers got over the war and how they looked at it. It was quite moving when the team have flashbacks from the war.
VINE VOICEon 6 September 2008
By Season Four, the people behind The A-Team just put less and less effort into the story and opted for the same old, same old formulaic nonsense with fake car chases, phony crashes, obvious stunt doubles and poorly integrated stock footage.

Only about half of the episodes are worth watching, while the rest are so mundane to the point of being down right awful. The 'Uncle Buckle-Up' episode in particular is just horrendous and the infamous 'Cowboy George' (my eyes, MY EYES!!!) really is as bad as you've heard. I haven't seen it for years (I skipped right over it on this box set) but I remember wishing that ground would just open up and swallow me, it was that bad. At one point you can even see Dirk Benedict barely containing his embarrassment.

The best episodes are not necessarily the ones with the best action and stories. When the show makes the most of out the four characters (usually with an amusing running joke with Murdoch) it can be highly watchable. A young Hulk Hogan even joins in for a couple of episodes.

The over-zealous Decker is replaced by equally incompetent General Fullbright in this season but he ends up being killed-off in the last episode (further proof that people DID die in this show), which is actually a complete rip-off of Rambo - First Blood Part 2 [Blu-ray] [1985], to the point of even hiring the same actors for the same kind of roles.

Thankfully, things really picked up for Season 5, though I can still only reccomend this to hardcore A-Team completists.

The DVD presents the show in absolutely shocking quality. Shot on 35mm film there are a couple of shots that are surprisingly crisp and colorful but I'm afraid that the rest of it is grainy, washed-out and as dull as dish water. The thin Mono soundtracks fail to impress also, and there are no worthy extra features.
on 30 April 2012
the a-team at its best ever series yet again with mr.t as b.a and the late great george peppard as hannbal smith and dirk benedit as faceman and madcap murdock! and ex wwe/f now tna wrestling great hulk hogan!! and 80's singer boy george!! added in to the team with col fullbright taken over from col decker chaseing the a-team with crooks and mob kingpins trying to stop them in every way as well along the way, but as hannbal says love it when a plan comes together!! but by series 5 it did not have the same feel when they changed it around with added stars like film star robert vauen as the new boss with also this frankie guy plus they even got rid of enemy's col decker and col fullbright and the m.p's army chaseing the a-team van around which was sad but they did bring decker back for only one episode in the last season when the a-team were caught and taken in the army court and then did the big escape which by the way were the only two episodes that were really good but the rest of the 5th season was not as good as last four t.v season's but i did love the two theme songs as well so enjoy this great season 4 at it's best ever action/adventures from 1985/86 when it aired on itv in the 80's.
on 18 April 2010
I have to say that the A-team was one of my favourite television programmes of the 80's. It was clean and could be watched by any one.

I think the upcoming remake could not contain the magic that the original series did. It was a very cleverly put idea in which the cast fitted in well together.
on 9 September 2009
This series is still classic great A-Team stuff.

I still have little idea why it started bleeding viewers in America, which basically spelled the beginning of the end.

If you're here and somehow are anot already familiar with the A-Team, this is not a gritty, realistic hard-hitting thriller show. This is popcorn mercenary action stuff suitable for most of the family!
on 3 June 2011
I brought this for my son for his 10th Birthday. He likes watching the A team and it brings back memeories for me when I was a child. I received a good service.
on 27 April 2013
Totally awesome!

The best yet!

jam packed with action, excitement and adventure. You'll be on the edge of your seat from start to end.
on 29 April 2013
Excellent series 4!

Liked all the action and stories featured with entertainment

Recommend to other 80s TV fans like me!
on 11 March 2014
very entertainging was very happy with how it was packaged and would definately recommend this product was really pleased with it