on 14 September 2012
Unfortunately I've had to bin a whole box of these pouches. I order in bulk and when I received my latest order I stored them away in a cool dark storage cupboard. Boxes looked fine but I kept noticing a strange smell every time I went in there. Yesterday I decided to investigate more closely where the strange smell was coming from. I began opening all the boxes (there were 8) and I found the culprit.
2 pouches were swollen in one box. The smell was awful so had to immediately throw the whole box of 12 out. Not sure whether this is a Felix problem. I'm inclined to think this could be an Amazon storage problem as in all the years I've been buying Felix cat food this is the first time I've had a problem. It's not put me off ordering from Amazon but I won't be purchasing this Felix Meat Selection again. Normally when I feel something's wrong with a product I would contact the seller and give them the option to rectify but in this case my initial reaction was to bin the offending box as there was no way I could have suffered the smell long enough to have the matter dealt with.
on 17 September 2012
sorry but this time round this product is NOT good. watery in some pkts, smell is ugh, the cats will not eat it, not even the strays that come about. shall not be buying it again. was going to give it to cat protection but they deserve better so shall dump it.
on 30 March 2011
Good value for money as it works out cheaper than leasing supermarkets. Not my first purchase and won't be my last.
on 28 July 2013
Each time delivery has been made to my home, it has not been left in the cupboard outside my front door, hence it has been returned to the main post office, I then have to phone said post office to arrange for this to be sent to my local one and then this then cost me £1.50 , so the savings I thought I would make, has been diminished by having to pay extra for it to be re-delivered.
I clearly put in my instructions that please place delivery in outside cupboard, so not very happy with the service although the product is exactly what I want.
on 17 June 2012
So glad that amazon have started selling cat food, it says carrying it around from the shops and tends to be a lot cheaper than the supermarkets. Especially pleased at the moment as this variety of felix is coming with a free gift of cat treats and vouchers in each 12 pack!, So extra bargins to be had (don't know how long this lasts for though). The variety pack of the felix is one of the more 'basic' varities but the cats still seem to like them, which is helpful as this remains one of the better value for money packs.
on 3 October 2011
Definitely the cheapest way to buy cat food plus you don't have to lug it home as it is delivered to your door!
on 11 December 2013
My cat cant get enough of this food, I buy it from amazon so they have hassle of carrying it to my door instead of me dragging it home from the supermarket - its usually cheaper too! The pouches are easy to open, no mess, and the bowl licked clean - happy purrs all round
on 22 May 2014
my cat needed a change very fussy cat just wish these companies would come up with a recyclable pouch as local council will only except their pouches in the rubbish so not good for the future generations through land fill sites
on 11 July 2013
I have been buying this cat food from the supplier now for some time and this is the second time that some of the packets have been split and the food has gone off the smell is horrendous. I think the people who process this food should be informed that it is not up to standard. I buy this food this way to save money but as I have to throw the packets away I am not making any savings.
on 19 May 2012
I ordered the Felix Meat Selections in Jelly and am very happy with this purchase. My cat wolfs this down as soon as it's in his bowl. I live in Greece and am unable to buy Felix here so really appreciate the excellent service provided by Amazon and will be buying more shortly.

See one answered question