Format: Audio CD|Change

on 5 June 2016
This is my most listened to album of the last year or so. I rotate quite a few in my car but it's never long before this one goes back on. Forget My Name is my favourite track and sounds great turned up loud.
I wasn't so keen on the first album but this one is a massive improvement. I've recently bought their next album Where The Sleepless Go and am really enjoying that too. I hope the band become more successful. The music isn't really original but it is enjoyable.
on 24 August 2010
I think one night onlys new album is great and the songs on this
album seem to be more rock inspired, i have listened to the album
and it has some really catchy tunes and i think this album is deffinatly
worth the money !! and if you loved the started a fire album u will love this
on too :D
on 26 August 2010
A Coming of Age - 5 stars

To be honest, when I bought this album I didn't expect too much. Just For Tonight aside, I thought the first album showed glimpses of brilliance but ultimately left the listener feeling rather unfulfilled. They were, however, very young when they recorded it so I decided to give them the benefit of the doubt and ordered their latest offering. I'm so glad I did as the album is consistently of the highest order.

Say You Don't Want It (which is actually probably my least favourite track!) sets a very ambitious precedent. Right from the off it is clear that they have matured both musically and lyrically and you immediately get the sense that with this record they have grown into their musical skins. Bring me Back Down (think Tears for Fears with a customarily big ONO chorus) keeps things ticking along nicely but couldn't prepare me for Forget My Name. In fact, I don't think anything could: It provides all I ask for in a song; a verse that's as catchy as the chorus, great lyrics and an arrangement Duran Duran would envy. A real feel good tune, in that respect similar to JFT. It's certainly a hard act to follow but I think Chemistry just manages to. In actual fact it is probably the only track here that could: It has attitude in abudance and is sure to become a classic 'lad anthem'. Never Be The Same finishes off the first half strongly, it shows a much more tender side to Craig's vocal, which sounds superb throughout but surely at its best here. On first listen, I feared that after this explosive start it would lose momentum. However, my fears proved unfounded and I can assure you that the second half is just as good as the first. All I want celebrates the best of 80's cheese featuring a Huey Lewis-esque groove topped off with a power chorus Journey would be proud of. Got It All Wrong feels like a filler but I think you're allowed at least one on an album. Anything, however, more than makes up for it. Everytime I listen to it, I stick the bass up and wallow in its funky glory: For a second you just might think Bootsy Collins himself is wielding the 4 string. Feeling Fine captures the sound that Coldplay were trying for on X&Y but to much greater effect and the album ends with Can't Stop Now, a floor-filler with sequencers galore sure to get you off your seat (if you are not already!).

All in all the album feels very at home with itself; each track truly justifying its inclusion. Although, some will undoubtedly criticise them for the eightie's sound, I believe this to be misplaced: In my opinion they have pulled it off far better than any others that have tried so far, with the exception of The Killers perhaps. If you have their first album and are still sceptical I don't blame you but trust me and give these boys a second chance. I promise that you won't be disappointed.
on 28 August 2010
Probably the album you thought you were buying when you bought the first one! That was hugely disappointing but this is excellent and consistent throughout every track. Only 4 stars because it isn't original but ONO have matured and this album is definitely worth a purchase.
on 12 June 2011
I was very surprised on the first play at the massive change in sound from their first album. This one has a very electronic sound, quite reminiscent of the 80s. A couple of tracks sound like the Pet Shop Boys and on others they sound like Keane. The guitars are buried deep in the mix with the keyboards being the dominant sound. After a couple of plays the songs became more identifiable as they sounded a bit samey on the first listening. Give it time and it becomes a very enjoyable album.
on 16 February 2014
I really like this band since I heard them the first time and I watche their Say you dont want it on youtube. But this CD is a 10 because there are any song bad. All of them are excellent!
I totally recommend!
Im scarving for their new music!
on 12 September 2010
Saw there single on MTV and totally fell in love with his voice...don't know anything about the group....so I took a chance in buying the cd..definately a good chance I took....love every song....has such a fantastic voice...just want to play the cd over & over...the more you listen 2 it, the more you like it...Excellent....!!!!
on 15 November 2011
This album was the best of 2010 in my opinion. The sound is much matured from the previous album "Started a Fire" and (George) Craig's vocals are a dream to hear over and over again. The change in drummer has added alot of depth to the sound too. Best song is hard to pick but the energy of Forget My Name takes some beating. Take a gamble on this album and you won't be disappointed!
on 28 October 2010
I read an on-line review somewhere that said this was a big step up from their first album and gave it a very positive review so I listened to a few tracks on myspace and thought I'd give the album a go. This turned out to be a good decision as this is a very good album full of hook-laden anthemic indie songs. Don't be put off by the odd talk of it being 'formulaic' or by the uninspiring track names, OK so it's nothing groundbreaking or particularly original but who cares when the songs are so good. My personal taste encompasses K T Tunstall, Amy MacDonald, Lostprohets, Starsailor, The Killers, Air Traffic, Skunk Anansie, The Stereophonics, Feeder etc etc so of you like similar music I would heartily recommend One Night Only by.....One Night Only!
on 26 July 2011
I've had this album for two months and have listened around 50 times.Every time is equally refreshing.

I bought it knowing only of the euphoric opener 'Say you don't want it'. But every track is stunning. Thankfully the band are still relatively unknown outside their fan base.