Top critical review
5 people found this helpful
Credit Card Misuse
on 25 February 2016
I bought a Lebara sim recently and paid for a Lebara Flexi M plan (15 GBP/Month) using a credit card on Feb 12th. The plan is supposed to carry 1000 Call minutes and 2 GB of data. However, my data was not working and international minutes were not working as well. We just moved into U.K and we were caught into other work. Last week, we scrutinized the issue and found out that our credit card has been charged 10 time with £135 within 4 days. The recharge summary said it was auto topped up whenever we tried connecting to data.
Their explanation was the plan was never Flexi "M" and we had enabled Auto top up so for data usage of 0.6 GB the had charged the £135.
We have so many questions on this.
1) How could a payment going through Lebara.uk -> Flexi Plan -> Flexiplan 'M' -> Paynow is not a Flexi plan?
2) What sort of plan is £15/month that calls and texts only Lebara mobile and no UK calling or data?
3) Lebara had stored our credit card details without out any confirmation. Even when we tried to delete it, we could not find where they have stored these details till date.
4) How can a set of 10 top up can go into credit card without even a single SMS/Mail alert to us?
5) When our intention is clearly to use credit card once and not store it anywhere, how did the auto top enable without authorization?
6) Why would anyone with their sane intentions, use £135 for less than a GB of data?
7) Even to raise a concern as serious as this, Lebara asked us to recharge again to talk to customer care.
Both the customer experience and the response from Lebara to such a serious issue has been very poor and ridiculous. The big mistake from our side is to have used the credit card with them.
I hope my experience is lesson for others who try to use Lebara or use a credit card/online transaction with them. We are changing our Lebara network right away.