on 18 August 2013
I tried this on our 6 x 8 ft pond which is also deep so I wasn't expecting one table to have much effect. It has been in the pond for about 2 weeks and has cleared all the green algae and we can now clearly see the bottom of the first level. I would certainly use it again.
0Comment| 32 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 13 July 2017
I'm afraid it didn't work in my pond. Three stars for quick delivery and cheap price. Nice idea, and I'm sure location and weather will play a huge part in algae control. Sometimes you just have to let nature take care of things, and it does, eventually.
on 10 July 2012
excellent product, just dropped it in and waited ten days or so - clear, clear water now, so I intend to buy more even though its lasted several weeks now
on 22 June 2013
Ordered this a couple of weeks ago. Small white block - popped it into our small pond and left a few days. Nasty green algea now gone, water lovely and clear - able to easily rake off remaining unwanted strings of blanket weed. The tadpoles and fish can be seen once more in the lovely clean pond water. will get again if needed.
on 26 February 2015
I bought this he help clear the blanket week problem I have in the pond. The pond water has always been sparkling clear, but the problem of the blanket weed is a bit of a pain. I pulled out nearly all of it, but still some on sides of pond. I have been using this for the past 3 weeks and the remaining blanket weed is still there, so in my opinion this has not worked. The pond is only 280 litres.
on 5 June 2016
Delivered on time. However, nothing has happened at all the pond water is still very green. So well after a week waiting foe clear water I have added another block and still nothing has improved...so I honestly do not know what other users did - but it just hasn't worked. VERY disappointed.
on 9 July 2017
Waste of time and money, had drained and cleaned pond prior to using this product to give it a chance, made no difference
on 21 July 2017
Difficult to say how good as improvment not wholly noticeable
on 9 June 2016
This was my fifth purchase of the block, marvelous. Is keeping my large pond clear of all blanket weed and algae, does not effect my Carp in any way. Highly recommend it. Packed well for transport. Arrived in the time the seller estimated. Would buy again.
on 30 May 2014
We only have a small pond, and algae was a real problem for us, until we discovered these. We have to replace one every few weeks once it has dissolved and clean the filter out weekly as it gets a bit clogged up, but so long as we make sure there is a block in the pond and the filter is working well, we seem to have control of the problem.