on 13 July 2016
A very nicely designed product with gorgeous oled screen. This is the second pulse oximeter I have bought this week. The first one was from a well known high street box shifter. That one was around the £30 mark and was crude in comparison with an annoying pulse beep that you cannot turn off. It is the accuracy that counts though and I would say that although the bpm match each other the SpO2 is a bit different with the Contec reading maybe 1% higher on average. This is well within the +/- 2% spec. To get better than this it seems a Nonin and £100+ is required. They are both subject to occasional readings way outside what is expected so I don't panic if I get a very low/high reading - I just allow the unit to calm down. There is sometimes a reason for this, particularly bright light and sunshine so keep the unit shaded. I also suspect it may be affected by the cordless phone on my desk. Having the two units has been fantastic and it has given me great confidence. In my opinion an exact reading is not strictly necessary. In my case (copd) I need to know if I go sub 90% if I have a bad chest infection. I suspect if you wear the unit properly with the right environmental conditions and let it settle down for a minute or two and then (as the manual suggests) take an average of a few readings then an accuracy of +/-1% is to be expected.

A couple of other points - I had no problem installing the supplied software with 64bit Windows 7. I also found the manual easy to read and completely understandable - maybe it has been updated.

All in all, an excellent product and very good value for money.
on 7 September 2016
Great fun and very useful to see this information. PC software takes some getting used to, but once you know how it works you can produce some great reports. Turning the display brightness down increases the battery life, and will prolong the life of the OLED display. Data can also be viewed live on a PC while recording.

One thing to note, the USB cable is NOT standard (usb to uart), so make sure you don't use a different mini usb cable.
on 24 May 2016
I can no longer communicate with this device, and a driver software is not available for this device...can contec help me with this?
on 22 December 2016
This is an incredible.prodict for the price. The software is professional and intended for an expert user. The only drawback oa that a cd reader is required to install drivers and they cannot be found online.
on 10 March 2016
Item returned as the software would not install on Windows 7 or 10, manufactures website was very un-user friendly
on 5 December 2016
Good oximeter when new--but the OLED display failed after 17 months-- a very expensive mistake buying this product. Would avoid like the plague!
on 26 February 2017
good quality, fast delivery, without any problems
on 12 January 2017
This is very good value. It has proved very useful since delivery although I have not yet had a chance to really try of the recording function.
on 25 April 2016
As a layman, I find this product to be excellent, accurate and easy to use. At the rate of battery consumption, it will be years before re-charging becomes necessary. Well packaged, meets its description and my expectations.
on 7 April 2016
This is a great piece of equipment - really handy size and very good to keep a check on heart rate!