on 12 February 2012
I never paid much attention to Katie Melua and thats because she was always dumped in the Jazz section of local stores (I hate Jazz).

I heard the song flood last week at a friends house and was totally gobsmacked at the crystal clear quality of the production and her vocals. I love how the song changes tempo, and its one of the best songs I've heard for a long time.

Needless to say I bought the CD and I'm loving every track on it - so much so that I've ordered all her CDs :)
Get it, you wont regret it!
3 people found this helpful
on 11 July 2010
This is a simply gorgeous album and Melua's best by far. Yes, we all knew she was a quality singer and songwriter with an impressive catalogue of perfectly constructed, emotive songs under her belt but I don't think we expected this. William Orbit's delicate-sounding production is superb and really suits Kate's pure, breathy vocals and gives the songs a contemporary feel that will bear many repeat listens. But the icing on the cake is Guy Chambers who co-writes nearly all the best songs: 'The Flood', 'Tiny Alien' 'A Happy place' and the fun, Eastern European-flavoured 'A moment of Madness'. Her usual writing partner, Mike Batt offers the equally brilliant and atmospheric 'God on Drums, Devil on the Bass'. It is possibly my favourite album so far this year(and I've heard many) and an album I'll be playing for a long time to come.
on 9 July 2010
Katie Melua never disappoints me and her latest album is another masterpiece!

From 'The Flood', a complex orchestral production to the delightfully simple 'Tiny Alien' Katie show she is constantly developing her talent and becoming more involved with the writing of the songs. Her brilliantly clear, unique voice is enchanting and the seemingly long wait between albums is always well worth it!
on 31 July 2016
This is excellent. Turned me into a Katie Melua fan. No Fear of Heights in particular is an extraordinary piece of songwriting.
on 16 February 2016
This was a surprise CD I got and I love it very much . Katie Melua is one of my favourite singers, just love it! would recommend definitely..
on 9 January 2016
Great album. I'm a fan of Katie melua's voice but sometimes the songs sound a bit disjointed. This team up with William orbit is probably my favourite album from her.
on 23 June 2017
No problems, good seller, good price, fast delivery
on 22 July 2010
I love Katie and I do not agree with reviewers saying she has lost her soul to modern sound. She did add some new angles to her music but it remains HER style, recognizable at once. I really like this album as much as her previous ones. She is one of a kind.
on 10 February 2017
9. Plague Of Love = 4/5
10. God On The Drums, Devil On The Bass = 3,5/5
11. Twisted = 4/5
12. The House = 3/5

Album total = 4/5. Great work by Katie. My best pop album of this year to-today ...
One person found this helpful