Customer reviews

on 19 July 2017
was pressie and very much enjoyed, thank you
on 6 April 2017
have the full series not - love it
on 22 May 2017
excellent
on 13 July 2011
I had read the first three books a few years ago and I was quite looking forward to this one. It started of very slow but this might have been that it took me a while to remember the characters. After the first fifty pages it picked up and I remembered why I enjoyed the first three books. It turned out a good read and I wont wait as long to get the fifth book.
on 7 July 2015
Have read the four prequels in this series and the thing that i always love about Gemmel books are they are descriptive enough to the point of leaving the rest to the minds eye to enjoy your own bit of creativity.
on 26 February 2015
It is a good read, providing you've read the ones preceding it of course. It is better than the previous book and tidies up many of the story lines.
on 23 April 2013
A vast sweep of imagination. I find all the names of people and places a bit confusing. Serves me right for being old!
on 17 November 2004
What more can I say. It took me two days to read it, I could hardly put it down, David Farland weaves a magical web, that draws you into the story, and makes you almost believe you can taste, smell and feel everything that the characters do.
I would recommend this book to absolutley anyone, easily comparable to Tolkein.
on 25 September 2007
Only the knowledge that Farland wrote the next book in the series using the son of the earth king, enabled me not to weep at finishing the book. So much still to learn, so many characters to meet again. This series will become a classic.
on 4 September 2015
One more for the collection. Very happy