on 27 January 2015
The watch is great, has all the functions I need and it has a very clear and big display, so it's very easy to read, even in difficult circumstances. Only problem is that both straps simply broke off after a few months. They just became brittle and broke.
review image
22 Comments| 26 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 31 October 2012
Firstly, this watch is great value. I have a history of breaking watches so have decided to go for low cost & function over "bling".

This watch has all the functions I require:
* Time (12 or 24 hr)
* Day & date
* Hourly beep (optional)
* Second Time - useful when travelling abroad
* Stopwatch
* Countdown Timer
* Alarm
* Backlight

The watch display is very clear, making it easy to read the time in a variety of light conditions which can be assisted if required by the backlight.

When in stopwatch mode, it only displays the digits that are necessary, e.g. only the seconds, 10ths & 100ths if less than a minute has passed, etc., no zeros for the minutes and hours. This takes a little getting used to but not a big deal.

I coach an U9 football team and the countdown timer is really useful for timing each half, to exclude stoppage time.

I wore the watch while hiking recently and the watch glass has come through completely unscathed, as has the rest of the watch. The strap is comfortable and the loop to hold the strap tidily when it is done up has a neat "bobble" to plug into one of the holes on the strap, which stops it slipping off, making the strap very secure. I have not tested the 50m waterproof claim by swimming while wearing it, but it has been soaked when caught in a storm at the top of a mountain with no ill effects.

It would be nice to have more than 1 alarm, but maybe this is too much to expect at this price.

The watch appears sturdy, but it is light which means you are not conscious of wearing it and aesthetically it looks good. It is a good size, big but not huge and generally looks more expensive than the <£20 price.

My previous watch a Casio G-Shock - which I bought based upon the reputation for being tough & also cost 5 times as much - proved to be faulty after only a few months (blank display), I returned it and the replacement suffered the same fault, it also had no countdown timer.

The only real (and minor) item is that when a button is pressed it beeps and this cannot be turned off, so if you're doing this at night, it may disturb anyone else in the room (an issue when sleeping in the dorm' of a mountain refuge) - hence only 4 stars.
on 7 June 2016
I only really got it for the stop watch function, but was a great buy to get a Timex for £15. I also like the back light feature.

As for time keeping and the main use, I cannot comment much because I rarely use it as a time piece. I only ever wear it when I go running to time my runs using the Stop Watch setting..
on 18 April 2016
Snapped the watch strap within a week and couldn't find any way of getting in touch with Amazon support to arrange a replacement. Could have returned it for a replacement but it was not "defective". The watch strap is secured via a pin into a very weak rubber, which the pin ripped through in almost no time.

Frustrating really as the watch itself is quite good.

Speedy dispatch.
on 24 October 2016
just got the watch this morning looks really good big dial what i needed fast delivery as well the only thing wrong with this type of watch and i have had a few in my time is the straps always breaks the watches keep going but the straps don't seem to last i hope this one proves me wrong .
on 1 April 2017
Good watch for the right price.
Does not look cheap.
It isn't too heavy so a good watch for cycling.
Clear display.
Comfortable.
Some people have reported that the strap is not so good but looks ok to me, admittedly after only a weeks use.
on 20 November 2012
I chose this watch primarily for the size of the display. I'm long sighted and trying to read a watch whilst running has been a problem. I can see this readout all the time, even the smaller seconds digits. It's even readable in the dark with the indiglo on. However, it has very basic functionality as a runners watch. Stopwatch, instant split, single shot countdown with one alarm, is about it. I'll probably go for something more expensive next time, but for the time being, this fits the bill nicely.
on 1 March 2016
Great watch for purpose. In regards to feel and quality it doesn't compare to a good G-Shock but you'll be paying much more than £20 for one of those.

It's fairly slender too but maybe my opinion is fairly tainted coming off the back of a chunky G-Shock.

All round good watch, clear and easy to read. Only had it a week mind you but so far so good.
on 9 November 2015
Super watch, enough functions for me - dual time, stopwatch, date and an easily read display (so much better than similar Casios that tend to have displays that are too cluttered and difficult to read). Sturdy strap, just what I need for windsurfing.

Would have preferred it if the dual time would stay displayed but it switches back to the main time after a while - hence dropping one star
on 9 March 2014
I bought mine 2 years ago and it is still going on the same strap and same battery. It is a good chunky size and light weight. Compared to a similarly priced Casio - it is miles better - all because of the watch face.

It is large enough to read whilst jogging along, without likelyhood of mis-reading the screen - the indiglo backlight works a treat. I had purchased a Casio to replace it, but after 2 runs, it is going back into a drawer of forgotten watches - purely because of those two points - I couldn't read the digits and the light was just lighting up half the screen.

One review states that it "doesn't show seconds after 30 minutes" - rubbish. It shows them in the bottom right hand part of the watch face (on the picture on this review where you see the "47") perfectly simple.

Why not five stars? I would like to replace the strap with something else, but the design of the watch doesn't really allow that easily.
i definitely am going to purchase another one when this finally bites the bullet.