Format: Kindle Edition|Change

on 24 May 2010
At first this book would only seem to appeal to the Tottenham fan, but a quick flick through the pages and it reveals a real gem of a book. Who would of thought a book about a football fan having sections about Sinatra, Ali and a whole host of footballs most famous players.

The quotes from the great and good of the game at the beginning of each chapter testifies to Morris profound personality that so many people are willing to heap praise on him. My personal favourite being Garth Grooks: the BBC straight face pundit, admitting that Morris was instrumental in many firsts in his life, most amusingly his first trip to a strip club.

The attention to detail is fantastic, as a Spurs fan the chapter that chronicled how close Bobby Moore came to signing for Tottenham had me flying though the pages. At this point I should take time also to credit the author Nick Hawkins whom I believe this is his first book, he knows how to keep a readers attention. I most certainly will be keeping an eye out for his next publication.

Overall this is a fantastic read that will appeal to all football fans, and have you uttering "that just could not happen today," & "blimey he had an understanding wife." under your breath on almost ever chapter.

Don't think about buying this book, click the link. It is money well spent
on 20 May 2010
As a West Ham fan did I really want to read about my rivals Number 1 fan? The book had Sir Geoff and Bobby Moore in it so I decided I would grit my teeth and just skip to their bits. The book is so much more it is a book for all football fans and indeed fans of celebrity. Today no one on the planet would achieve what Morris has managed. It would be like me having a coffee with David Beckham, going to a disco with Lady GaGa and taking Christiano Ronaldo home to meet my mum. I could not put the book down and read it over a weekend. I found myself warming to Morris as I got through the book and the pictures prove it is not a yarn. I would love to read what he left out.

The writing is done so that you can easily dip in and out of the book and it easily holds your attention. I have even bought copies as presents for my friends! A definite page turner and well worth the investment.

The book has made me think that when England bring home the World Cup this summer I will send the squad an invite to a BBQ round at mine..... I wonder how many will turn up for me!
on 4 June 2013
Even if you are not a football fan, you will find this book entertaining. It jumps about a bit, but that makes it more interesting. It is mainly football, but Morris has done so much more. I am enjoying it more as I know Morris and he is exactly what this book is about, he is a genuine, lovely, generous man.

You will not regret buying this or reading it.
on 16 May 2015
Morris Keston is the original Super Fan in every way possible, the like of which will never be seen again. I read the book as a 50+ year Tottenham fan and had obviously heard of Morris. I was not prepared to read that in addition to his obvious love of Spurs, to learn that Morris had met, knew and arranged many events for such a variety of well know world superstars. Morris's love of Spurs comes through like a shining beacon on a foggy day!

Each chapter has a couple of quotes from various well know players praising Morris for the work he has done. The final chapter was written just as Manchester City had been purchased by their rich benefactors from Abu Dhabi. I agree 100% with Morris that the game will never be the same due to the riches of the so called Top Four and the fact that today's players are so remote from the fans.

Although this book is more about Morris's love of Spurs it can be enjoyed by anyone who is a football fan. In addition it is a very good story by an interesting author.
on 16 May 2015

on 25 May 2010
Where to start...
As a Spurs fan I was aware of Morris, and heard of the book so decided to buy it regardless of any review - then found he was doing a signing with the author Nick Hawkins so went along just to get it signed.
Having a coffee before I realised Morris was at the next table so cheekily asked for an autograph from him and Nick (I had already bought the book at the shop) rather than queue up.

The following half an hour I spent chatting to Morris convinced me beyond a shadow of a doubt that every word in the book is true - and I would love to spend time with him again to hear the ones he wasn't allowed to publish. He is an absolute gent, so knowledgeable about football as a whole, and Spurs and England that I think a speaking tour would be the next step for him.

The book itself has so much humour and genuine passion it is quite an emotional read at times, but is always held together by the usually humourous annecdotes and stories.

The last chapter echoes my views on the modern game, and sadly why Morris will be the last of his kind, and why it is such a different game today.

This is as much of a football book as The Glory Game, in a slightly different vein, but just as important to read and understand the history of our game.

A must read for any Spurs and England fan, and in real terms, anyone who loves football and a good story.
on 20 June 2010
'Superfan' is a unique book in that it is a five-star read for all football supporters, as well as a five-star read for non-football lovers. As a football fan myself, I found it fascinating that one man could be such a devoted fan in his support for Spurs and England. My wife, who doesn't know anything about football, also loved it for the amazing anecdotes from Morris about his friendship with legendary stars like Moore, Hurst and Venables and Frank Sinatra. I'd recommend 'Superfan' to readers of any age. An ideal holiday read, brilliantly written.
on 8 October 2010
Fairly interesting, and Morris is obviously a massive Spurs fan, but having read the book it comes across as if he's an even bigger fan of himself and quite frankly, a bit of a brown noser.

Reading between the lines, you get the impression that the biggest star of them all, Bill Nicholson, had very little time for him if any.

If Morris didn't have any money, I wonder how many of those players would really be his friend and without his footballing friends to show off, how many of his celebrity 'friends' would give him the time of day.
on 6 May 2016
Morris turned football into a quasi religion in which he worshipped Spurs and its players. He did a lot for them and I hope they appreciated it. Football has changed a lot over years and not for the better. It has gone from chasing glory to chasing money.
on 16 August 2010
Nobody loves Morris Keston as much as Morris Keston. This scuttle through the years Keston was able to befriend Spurs players and other figures from the sporting and showbiz worlds could have been so much more than the aggrandising account of how Morris was such a wonderful, wonderful man. Don't take my word for it - take Morris' own reproduced quotes from players - all lauding MK to the skies, natch - at the beginning of each tedious chapter.

A book that no Spurs or showbiz fan need add to their library, unfortunately.