on 4 August 2017
This outstanding book is the final book of the twelve Malory Towers books and I thought that it would be word than it was. My mum wouldn't buy me the proper book so we got this one which was a lot cheaper.
It made me shout for joy when Darrell's form came back.
on 29 October 2014
Loved these books when I was younger, and enjoyed these just as much.
on 14 November 2009
Goodbye Malory Towers

I only recently came across Pamela Cox's books and was intregued to see what her thoughts would be on the characters in her books. The majority of the book centres around a very difficult character, that of Gwendoline Mary Lacey. For those who remember her, she is a spoilt, self centred, vain uncaring individual who puts herself first and expects people to listen to her opinions which are usually wrong. She was a character that most of her classmates loathed or put up with but no one counted her as a friend. Yet in this book she has had to learn some life lessons that make her a nicer character and even her old classmates are prepared to support and help her. One of the biggest lessons she learns is that genune loyal friends are worth having, which is something that I too have learnt to value over the years.
on 27 October 2014
I give it four and a half it is a wonderful story which really gets you into the heart of the book but it would have to be perfect to get five star.
on 26 October 2010
My 11 year old daughter gave the following review-This is good book especially when you have read the original Enid Blyton books about Darrell at Malory Towers. (Malory Towers is a girls boarding school where they get up to lots of mischief and fun). Felicity (Darrell's sister) is head girl at Malory Towers in this book. Gwen (from the original Enid Blyton MT books) becomes a teacher at Malory Towers and teaches Felicity. Darrell and her year group, from when she was at at school, all meet up again near the end of the year, in this book. This is a book I really enjoyed. I would recommend it to any girl what so ever. Pamela Cox's Malory Towers books are really good, almost as good as the original books by Enid Blyton.
on 13 August 2010
Bought this book for my 11 year old daughter who really enjoyed the story. She has thoroughly enjoyed the whole series and I did too when I was younger!!
on 24 June 2012
I was curious when I saw the new books on Malory Towers having been weaned on Enid Blyton's versions. I was pleased to find that the general tone is very much like that of Miss Blyton's originals. It was interesting to read about "old friends" and find out what they have been doing in the interim! A light, entertaining read, most enjoyable.
on 16 March 2013
these books remind you so much of your school days but i dont think mine were as much fun as felicity and gang have
on 11 August 2013
I enjoyed the Malory Towers series I thought it they were they were grate and it is sad that there are no more books in the series. They are an excellent read and I highly recommend them to you.
on 2 December 2012
'First Term at Malory Towers' was the first real full length book I ever read. I was about 10, and it was what got me thinking about becoming a children's author. Say what you like about Enid Blyton, her books sold, and she set a benchmark for children's writers.

So when I saw this new follow-on series, ending with 'Goodbye, Malory Towers', continuing the story with Darrell's sister Felicity and her friends at Malory Towers boarding school, I thought I would download them to my Kindle and go back in time to my childhood.

On the whole I quite enjoyed them. The author has done her best to keep the tone of the dialogue to the period in which the book is set, just after the Second World War, with not too much in the way of 'jolly well' or 'wizard' but enough to tell us there's nothing 2012 about the language. All the old favourite teachers are there: Miss Grayling the headmistress, Miss Potts the head of North Tower, Mam'zelle Dupont and Mam'zelle Rougier. In this last book we even see the return of two old adversaries of Darrell and Felicity: Gwendoline Lacey from Darrell's form, who has returned to teach deportment, and Jo Jones from Felicity's days in the second form, now known as Alice, given a second chance because she has become a better person. We're even reunited with the Old Girls from Darrell's time, like Alicia and Sally, who come to the school for a reunion.

My problem is this: I finished reading the book about three months ago, and nothing but old names really stands out in my memory of it. I can't remember much about the previous books, either, but with the old series I remember Darrell giving Gwen her slaps when she ducks Mary-Lou in the pool, and June and the poison pen letters. This series seems to have too much going on; too many characters trying to take a slice of the action, and I'm struggling to remember the names of the other girls in Felicity's class, other than her best friend Susan, and indeed the events surrounding them.

To conclude an overall good effort to re-create an old favourite. It may inspire someone to bring the series into the present day and tell the story of Malory Towers with one of Darrell's granddaughters as a pupil.