Customer reviews

Colour: Red|Style Name: Piccolo|Change
Price:£53.01 - £139.99

on 7 April 2013
Well I got this for my bedroom, to have a coffee before getting out of bed ( Im useless without my first coffee) . Size wise this is great, I got all my pods and Looked forward to my first coffee in bed. I was disappointed! Coffee came out less than luke warm , great if you want a down in one espresso . Not so good to have a mug of hot wake up coffee. This is the only reason I did not give this 4 stars. This machine is A+ if you boil kettle first to add water. The pods are so nice, Lungo being my fave! Also there is so much choice, which is great . So Im having to buy a mini kettle now ,so I can still enjoy a great tasting coffee in bed rather than put this on ebay! Size wise it is great Just a bit bigger than our kettle and easy to bring downstairs LOL.So if this is for kitchen its ace as long as you add hot water first .
on 22 January 2014
Excellent coffee machine, I have now bought four of these two as gifts for friends ,one for our uk home and was so impressed bought another for our summer home in Crete. They are small and compact ,look stylish make a consistently great cup of coffee every time. This size machine makes about 3 mugs of coffee from one fill of the water tank, but it's not a problem to refill the tank which simply clicks out from the back. Great value especially when the machine arrives you get £10 to spend on coffee pods once you register your machine. Use mine every day⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
on 31 December 2013
I bought this for my daughter and son-in-law as they like mine. It is excellent for a single coffee but does not take long to make more.
There are no coffee grouts to clear up after, just throw the pods away. There are many different coffees that can be bought from supermarkets and hot chocolate that my grandchildren like. I would recommend this to coffee lovers, its so easy. It is good value and in fact is much cheaper now than when I bought mine two years ago. The only coffee I have not been able to purchase here is decaff which is available in Spain where I lived but have searched all supermarkets here and cannot find it. NESCAFE YOU ARE MISSING OUT!! Happy New Year to all! Jen
on 16 May 2013
This is my third perky little Piccolo. The first (bought ?October 2012 I THINK) refused to produce ANY of the so rapidly available boiling water (or cold) described by other reviewers. Amazon brilliantly sent a new one before I had even washed the failed Piccolo, which hung its little head in embarrassment. The second new Piccolo was wonderful - and I paid homage throughout each day until (about four months later) - - - - - - it gradually began to slow it's delivery of water - then stopped! I swiftly returned to the instruction book - it said 'use the little prodder thingy' - I prodded - it cheered up a bit for a day or two - then stopped entirely.
Amazon via a very courteous gentleman offered my money back - but I didn't want my money back - I love my little Piccolo - and we are once again united in mutual affection.

Incidentally, I did give FIVE Piccolos as Christmas Gifts via Amazon - (all are beloved items) and I bought a sixth for another Christmas Gift (at Tesco - as there wasn't time for a delivery).

Wish I'd known it before that you had to get descaling stuff from Dolce Gusto - I need to buy another descaling kit
But the new Piccolo is once again bargain of the year.
on 4 January 2014
Machine arrived promptly, as is always the case with Amazon. Easy instructions to follow and looks nice. Prepared my first cappuccino and with great anticipation took my first mouthful, and had to spit out! It was so SWEET! Had a look at the label on the milk pod and noticed it contained 18% sugar. Why? When you order a cappuccino in a cafe it never comes sweetened? So be warned, if you don't take sugar don't buy the cappuccino pods, and probably the other milk based pods as well. Tried the espresso next, it was OK but nothing special, doesn't beat my old espresso machine in terms of taste or crema. The americano was better so I'll probably stick to that. A bit disappointed really.
on 25 January 2014
This is a compact and quick machine. The coffee is strong and tasty. The machine does make a lot of noise and vibrates quite a lot. It worked well for the first 2 years then developed a serious leak and was virtually unusable.Amazons warranty was for 12 months but fortunately it was still covered by Nestles warranty. I am presently waiting for it to be repaired or replaced. I thought at first that I might just have been unlucky but having read customers reviews and their forum, I discover that it seems to be a common fault. I wouldn't buy another Piccolo but maybe another model would be better, albeit more expensive.
on 17 April 2014
This little machine is perfect - very quick and easy to use with virtually no cleaning apart from a wipe. There are many different coffee types to choose from as well as chocolate and tea. It has a small footprint so takes up little room on my counter. The pods are not cheap, there are some videos on YouTube showing you how to re-use them, I haven't got round to that, too lazy! Do be aware that the water tank is quite small, so it has to be refilled if you plan on making more than one cup - ideal for one person though, like me.
on 23 April 2014
I love it!! Like the fact it does teas as well as coffees.

Hubby loves the cappuccino. For me, its the tea lattes!

Easy to fill water tank, nice n small... Takes less than a minute to make a drink.

Down points! No measuring on the water tank, you have to see on the cup beforehand to know where each section of the drink needs to be. Always fill the tank more water than u need.

At the moment, they are giving away £10 code to use at dolce gusto store. So for free delivery, u have to order 4 boxes. And with the voucher... Only just under £5!

For the win!
on 29 August 2013
This is a fabulous product however should it have a fault within the year of purchase, they will not replace it but insist on taking it away for a week to repair. I am not on the second time of having it repaired for the same problem which was not repaired in the first instance and feel this really isnt good enough. Surely within the year of guarantee it should instantly be replaced if it is leaking, as is mine.
on 20 July 2013
This machine does the job nicely and gives a great cup of coffee, that is very smooth. As this is the manual one you have to be careful not to make it too watery. The pods only make ~220-250ml of drink which is about 3 quarters of your average cup. The pods are quite expensive but if you're using this as a treat rather than an everyday coffee maker then it's not too bad. There is a good variety of drinks flavours to go with it but only a handful are available at supermarkets, their website is however, very good with reasonable postage costs.