Learn more Download now Browse your favorite restaurants Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Amazon Music Unlimited for Family Shop now Learn more

on 24 July 2012
Bought this as a replacement for our previous 20+ year old Magimix, which suffered from a broken dough hook after long service, and on discovering replacement dough hooks for the old model no longer available. This machine is a lot more complicated than the old one, as it has three bowls of different sizes (the old one had just one). Have discovered the benefits of the small bowl though (e.g. much more effective at dealing with small quantities such as some onion and ginger for a curry base). With the old machine these would have stuck to the outside of the bowl after rough chopping and would need to scraped down several times before they were finely enough chopped. This does not happen in the small bowl of the new machine. Have not experienced the problem mentioned by others with the use of the small bowl making all the bowls dirty. Our machine seems to keep the contents of the small bowl in the small bowl, so you only need to clean that, the blade and of course the lid. I have to agree the bowls look a little more flimsy than the one on the old machine, but OK so far.
11 Comment| 17 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 16 April 2013
This is the first food processor I have had. I went for this particular one because I had read good reviews. This is the mid range Magimix. It is sturdy and powerful. have used it for making soup, pastry and cake mixing, also made coleslaw and sliced and grated vegetables for salads. Its so easy to make pastry, you just put the ingredients in and gradually add the water until it is ready. My sponges and cakes are much lighter in texture than they were with my old hand mixer. I have not yet used the juicer which came with it so cannot comment on that. Over all I am very pleased with it, and use it several times a week.
Since writing this review I have decided to update it. I am still very pleased with this product and use it at least twice a week. However the blender mix attachment which came with it has got stuck a few times during use, and this has prevented the lid from being removed after use. The lid does loosen after several tries but this is a nuisance and I am afraid I will break the lid, so I have stopped using the attachment. Secondly, this machine, whilst excellent at mixing, chopping and grating etc, is useless at making meringue or whipping up double cream. It does not go fast enough and no matter how long I try, the meringue mix will not get stiff or form peaks. I used to have an electric hand mixer which made excellent meringue but I gave it away when I bought this. I have since bought another which I use for meringue and whipping cream.
on 19 March 2014
I bought this because of the superb reviews and also recommended by Which? Consumers Association. I love the flexibility of using the different functions. The size is perfect for everything we use it for and we do a lot of cooking for large numbers.

This is the type of food processor you know will serve for decades and do well every time you use it.

The only quibble I have is the cover on the box for the accessories which catches and is hard to open and is now cracked, shame really but the machine and accessories really are excellent.
on 27 April 2012
I deliberated for quite some time before buying the Magimix 4200. It was a big step up to what I used in the past and wondered if spending this much money on a processor would be justified. Well I would certainly say that it has been money well spent because it has made such a difference to food preparation. It is very versatile and I find it quick and the powerful motor means that it can cope with whatever is put in and cleaning is no worse than any other processor. Amazon was the best price and it is certainly a welcome addition to my kitchen.
on 10 February 2013
THIS IS A BRILLIANT FOOD PROCESSOR.
MORE EXPENSIVE THAN A LOT ON THE MARKET BUT WORTH THE MONEY
MUCH MORE ROBUST
I HAD ONE PREVIOUSLY FOR 20 YEARS AND BALKED AT PAYNG FOR ANOTHER BUT AM PLEASED I DID
USER FRIENDLY AND EASY TO USE
INTEGRATED THREE BOWL SYSTEM MAKES IT VERY COMPACT FOR VARIOUS USES AND STORAGE BOX FOR GRATERS ETC MAKES THEM MORE ACCESSIBLE AND USEABLE.
on 4 March 2014
This has transformed my cooking. The blades are seriously sharp and make short work of chopping. Also great for cakes. Comes with many attachments so you don't have to go out buying most accessories.The product is cleverly designed and work brilliantly. The only shortfalls are minor: Handle is hollow and can retain water also it would be nice to change the speed of rotation.

Has transformed my cooking experience - strongly recommend
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 11 February 2013
We had the smaller Magimix, and when it finally gave up the ghost there was no question but that we needed something exacly like it, but bigger. This led us to the 18426 and so far it has met all our expectations. The motor is beefy enough to cope with everything we throw at it. And the accessories are all useful. So a lot to like, and nary a niggle.
on 28 January 2014
We purchased this mixer after researching various models. It is a very robust and powerful machine which would almost appear to be of professional quality and it should therefore give a long life of service. So far it has performed all tasks demanded of it with ease and the accompanying storage box for the accessories is useful, especially for the extra sharp Sabattier cutters. A great machine
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 27 February 2013
This is my first experience with Magimix. However I now wonder how I ever did without it. The amount of time i now spend on preparation of ingredients is substantially reduced, The base unit and attachments are made very well and to last. Its versatility is amazing. Extras are a little expensive so only 4 stars
on 11 December 2012
This item is the business - strong, well made and does exactly what it claims to do. Note that the shredding slicing discs are two sided. My first attempt at coleslaw turned into cabbage, onion and carrot paste as I used the wrong side of the disc. Can't blame Magimix for that.

See one answered question