on 1 February 2012
Bought two of these for Christmas for 5 year old and 3 year old boys. They both love them and despite many battles, they are both still in working order 6 weeks later.

Let's be clear, these are cheap and cheerful and compared to the official Star Wars merchandise at about 5 times the price, they look a bit naff. However, they are actually superb toys and my two boys love them to bits.

Pros:
* You can change the colour at will, which means you can choose to be Obi Wan, Luke, Yoda, Darth Vader etc. depending on mood
* They pack down small for storage / transport and then extend at the flick of a wrist, which is satisfying to do
* Because they telescope down, you can acheive superbly realistic "stab someone in the belly" effects where it looks like you're impaling them, great fun! :-)
* They make no noise - this is probably a pro for the parent only
* The tube is soft plastic, which makes them seem fairly durable to a bit of rough and tumble play - they are also fairly safe for the same reason
* Bright enough to be seen in daylight (inside, not in full sun) and give a satisfying glow in a dark room, can be used as torch / nightlight.
* Simple and easy to operate

Cons
* No funky sabre clashing noises, or any other noise for that matter
* Cheap plastic feel to the handles and slightly rough edges on the tube segments

Great value for money. The have been some of the most played with toys this Christmas.
on 7 August 2010
I bought this product for my grandson. He was absolutely delighted with it. The different colours was a definate bonus for him. My only worry was that it might break as it looks a little delicate. We stayed with him for a week and it was still in full working order when we left, despite heavy use. Happy grandson, happy granny!
on 7 December 2010
Despite some dodgy-looking build quality on the flick-out blade, the one I bought was sturdy enough to have survived a fairly serious beating at the hands of a 10-year-old, which is more than can be said for some of the far more expensive 'official' toys of a similar type.
The product description doesn't mention it, but this uses one of the LED banks that changes function (colour in this case) based on repeatedly clicking the 'on' button - i.e. you can't just select a colour, you have to cycle-through the ones available by repeatedly pressing a button, and one of these options is a slow colour-changing effect.
on 2 January 2011
We bought this one because its cheap. There are some very expensive alternatives around, but are they worth it? The plastic extending beam is cheap, and the edges are rough. It can change colour, with a variety of different lights, but there is no noise function (some parents may like this). A good value option for a young child who isn't old enough to tell the difference.
on 8 February 2015
We bought one of these back in December and it is still working well but when we bought another 2 in January so we could have light sabre battles these 2 lasted only a day before the lights kept blacking out. Great if you just want to swish around in the air but are not really designed or any good for using as a sword against each other.
on 31 August 2010
Put it simply, it kept my 4 year old happy. Afterall, its simply a toy.
on 21 July 2010
The Lightsaber I received was really good my two sons loved them I would highly recommend
on 13 December 2015
After being charged almost twice as
Much for purchasing 2 of the same item I was seriously disappointed the item looks nothing like the picture and I imagine I could get better quality from a pound shop if I could have given no stars I would have but the one star is purely for delivery nothing more save ur money it's not worth it
on 5 January 2011
my 5 year old son loves this lightsabre - its excellent value and pretty tough - the colour change feature makes it far more versatile as a toy than the official star wars ones which are a fixed colour - the opaque tube makes the light effect far more realistic than the clear tube ones on the official model - I wish I had bought two of these and not bought it as a backup to the official starwars one, its only drawback - no sounds but to be honest that doesnt matter
thanks
on 9 December 2015
Bought to go with a Jedi costume, I know its not a Lightsaber but its pretty dam close! There are a number of different colours to choose from, it can flash through all of the colours, fade through the colours, of you can set it to flash green, red or blue, no solid colours unfortunately, I was the only Jedi at the convention with a flashing saber!