Top positive review
41 people found this helpful
Cheap and cheerful, but actually pretty good
on 1 February 2012
Bought two of these for Christmas for 5 year old and 3 year old boys. They both love them and despite many battles, they are both still in working order 6 weeks later.
Let's be clear, these are cheap and cheerful and compared to the official Star Wars merchandise at about 5 times the price, they look a bit naff. However, they are actually superb toys and my two boys love them to bits.
* You can change the colour at will, which means you can choose to be Obi Wan, Luke, Yoda, Darth Vader etc. depending on mood
* They pack down small for storage / transport and then extend at the flick of a wrist, which is satisfying to do
* Because they telescope down, you can acheive superbly realistic "stab someone in the belly" effects where it looks like you're impaling them, great fun! :-)
* They make no noise - this is probably a pro for the parent only
* The tube is soft plastic, which makes them seem fairly durable to a bit of rough and tumble play - they are also fairly safe for the same reason
* Bright enough to be seen in daylight (inside, not in full sun) and give a satisfying glow in a dark room, can be used as torch / nightlight.
* Simple and easy to operate
* No funky sabre clashing noises, or any other noise for that matter
* Cheap plastic feel to the handles and slightly rough edges on the tube segments
Great value for money. The have been some of the most played with toys this Christmas.