Customer reviews

Glee: The Music, Journey To Regionals
Format: Audio CD|Change

on 15 June 2010
Like the previous four CD's, Glee: Journey To Regionals, is another CD which has been released to capitalise on Glee's fantastic success on both sides of the Atlantic. The first two CD's (Glee: The Music One & Glee: The Music Two) were released at the half-way point of Glee's first season. Then came the Madonna CD in celebration of the Madonna episode (The Power of Madonna). The fourth CD (Glee: The Music 3: Showstoppers) was filled with songs from the rest of the first season and, finally, we have Glee: Journey To Regionals filled with the songs sung in the final episode of Glee's first season, "Regionals".

There are only 6 songs on this album (one song is a mash-up of two), but they're all crackers. You have the four songs sung by New Directions (the Glee club we follow) which are all Journey songs: "Faithfully", a mash-up of "Any Way You Want It"/"Lovin' Touchin' Sqeezin'" and, finally, what is probably the most famous of all songs featured on Glee, "Don't Stop Believin'". We then have Vocal Adrenaline's (New Directions' biggest rival) version of Queen's famous hit "Bohemian Rhapsody". The final two songs are "To Sir, With Love" (a Lulu song) and "Over The Rainbow" (from The Wizard of Oz).

All of the songs are fantastic, there's no other way to put it. The Journey medley is stunning, it begins with "Faithfully" sung by Lea Michele (Rachel) and Cory Monteith (Finn) before going into the mash-up of "Any Way You Want It/Lovin' Touchin' Squeezin'" sung by the entire cast before, finally, giving us "Don't Stop Believin'", again sung by the entire cast. Four fantastic songs which are sung incredibly well by the entire cast. I probably shouldn't admit this but Vocal Adrenaline's version of "Bohemian Rhapsody" is simply stunning. I love the song and although it's only Jonathan Groff (Jesse) who carries it, it's just a fantastic performance.

The last two tracks aren't as stand out as the first four, to be perfectly honest. I don't particularly like "To Sir, With Love" and I can see myself skipping the track in future should it come on. "Over The Rainbow", however, is growing on me and I do enjoy it more with each listen.

Overall, this is a fantastic addition to the rest of the CDs and is a must-buy for all Glee fans. It's probably not one for the casual listener; after all, these CDs aren't marketed toward the casual listener, but to those who are hardcore fans. Those hardcore fans will not be disappointed!
on 9 November 2012
Present purchased for my niece who ,over all of the fun tracks. Current favourites are To sir with ,love and Bohemian rhapsody.
on 13 August 2010
A good CD, yes, but considering that there are only six songs on it, is it good value for money? Not exactly. As an enormous Glee fan I couldn't help but be sucked in by the prospect of yet another Glee CD and as much as I enjoyed the six songs on offer, I got bored of them slowly but surely. Also, what annoyed me was the Regionals version of "Don't Stop Believing" which , to be honest, isn't all that different from the original! The best songs on this CD for me were "Over the Rainbow" and "Faithfully" though all the songs were cleverly arranged and certainly pleasant to listen to. I also found myself with "Bohemian Rhapsody" going round my head so it certainly is catchy! The only problem was that there just weren't enough songs! However, I have to say, if you're a Glee fan, you certainly would enjoy the music on this CD for a while at least! Therefore, don't stop believing and buy this CD!
on 13 July 2010
This is the songs from the last episode of the first season of Glee and it is brilliant. Bohemian Rhapsody is the only letdown i feel - it could be because im not a huge fan of the song or because it does not match up to the original! I loved To sir with Love and Over the Rainbow - both short but very well done songs! Cant wait for the next season! Glee has got me interested in music styles/songs that i never thought of!
on 19 July 2010
'To Sir with Love' and 'Over the Rainbow' are two of the best songs from the whole season - great mini-album to finish off with in my opinion!
on 12 November 2015
To be quite honest, I just purchased this particular CD for the Glee version of Over the Rainbow to be played at a friends funeral. It was perfect and fitted the deceased beautifully, not over emotional but poignant for the occasion. She would have liked the folksiness of it, even the squeaky guitar! Have to admit I ended up listening to all 6 tracks on the CD and thought the Glee cast did a good job on all of them.
on 14 March 2011
I bought this CD specifically as it had Somewhere Over the Rainbow on. There are only a small number of tracks on the CD but having only paid £2something for it I thought it was good value. Yes, it's cheesetastic but if you are a fan of Glee (closet or not)then I would recommend buying this!
on 7 December 2012
The songs on this cd are from the last episode in the first season. The songs are great especially somewhere over the rainbow and Bohemian rhapsody. I recommend it to all glee fans.
on 15 February 2011
it's only few songs on this CD, but these are the better ones of the first season (especially Faithfully ^^)
I'd say, its a necessity for every Glee(k) to have this in the shelf!
on 30 January 2011
the longer glee goes on - the uniqueness of the creativeness diminishes... the rearranged songs are great - the simple covers - not so...