Customer reviews

Colour: Schwarzkopf|Change

on 1 July 2017
This is the best shop brand I have ever and will ever continue to use when dying my own hair. My roots come through brown and this actually lifts it to blonde, yes it has a slight brassy/yellow tone but you need to use a good toner on top anyway just like they would at the hairdressers.
Definitely recommend
on 10 July 2017
Got my items
Very pleased
on 10 August 2016
I usually pay well over £100 to get my hair a light ash blonde colour at the hair dressers. Not having time to get booked in to get my roots done at the hair dressers, I bought this hair colour, but I also bought a toner too (my hair always need a few attempts with toner to take the warmth out).
I applied it with a brush instead of using the application tube and just applied it to my roots, after doing all sections I left it for 30 mins (I didn't want it over processing!) I washed it off & assess the toner you got with the colour, put it one for double the time advised but still had warmth on my roots (as expected!) but still had lifted really well (my natural colour of my roots were a dark blonde), I then put the toner I bought seperately on my roots.... Well... It looks as good as it usually does when I get it done professionally, but saved myself around £100! A seperate toner definitely finished it off!
on 20 June 2012
When I got this dye i already had light blonde hair, however it was more of a yellow blonde than a white blonde which is what i wanted. As I have seen this dye advertised alot on tv I decided to try it. After a test piece it appeared to be fine so i applied the colour and after approx 5 minutes patches of my hair began to turn orange which is noraml according to the booklet thing that come with it. But after 15 minutes it was still orange so i washed it out to view the damage. My hair was left noticably drier and patchy yellow/orange. After a string of 7 washes with a toner ( Touch Of Silver Shine Weekly Treatment 150ml) my hair colour had died to a yellow colour with patches of orange which sucked! Luckily a friend cycled to buy Garnier Nutrisse Ultra Color Nourishing Permanent Hair Colour 10.1 Ice Blonde which I used an it just about sorted my hair out and made it look alot better.
So i'm gonna say if you want your hair to be a really pretty light blonde do NOT buy this dye cause although the test peice appeared fine it made my hair orange, but if you still wanna go blonde use the Garnier dye cause it literally saved me!! :)
My hair is now unable to take dye cause it turns it grey which isnt really a good look!
Hope this helps :)
on 26 April 2012
My hair is originally Black, and it changed into platimum blonde, BUY GREAT PRODUCT! =]
I don't have any negative points, accept the delivery, but other than that i was very please with this product, i would recommend this to anyone.
on 15 April 2012
I used this dye a while back as I really wanted to have platinum blonde hair, and after seeing good reviews about the product I thought I'd give it a try. My hair was already highlighted quite blonde, with some bits of ash blonde and light brown.

By looking at the colour chart on the box, I was almost positive that my hair would be platinum as my hair was the colour of the lightest shade, but to my absolute horror my hair went bright yellow! There were a few white strands but I left the dye on for a bit longer than advised and I still didn't achieve the hair colour I wanted.

However, a few weeks ago I decided I wanted to be adventurous and try PINK HAIR! Bit crazy, but I knew that I had to bleach my hair first to get a good pink colour so I used this product to make it as light as possible. It still went quite a creamy yellow but because it was so light it was a great base for the pink hair :D

In conclusion: NOT a great product for platinum hair (unless you use it in multiple sessions), but GREAT product as a base for lots of bright colours such as pink, blue, green etc.
on 1 October 2016
Didn't really have high hopes for this as my hair is naturally really dark, I did a strand (well a bit more than a strand test) and it hardly did anything to my hair except for make it a little more golden.. so I put it all over my hair (I used 2 boxes as my hair is very long and thick) and left it on for an hour... I was shocked by how blonde it made my hair, especially at the roots, it was bleach blonde.. it was patchy as I did it myself, and actually looked quite horrible.. but I really did love the blonde colour at the roots, and could imagine it would look really nice if my hair was all that colour. I put red over the top of the blonde and it looked so nice!
on 12 March 2013
If your hair is dark brown like mine was before using this, you need to use 2 of these get the colour on the box.
on 8 October 2015
This is not a one shot dye to get platinum hair. If you're serious about going blonde properly then discard the reviews that claim it turned their hair orange, etc because that is what it is supposed to do.

I want to make a very clear statement: Unless your hair is entirely your natural colour, all one flat colour all over, undamaged and medium-light toned anyway you are NOT going to get the colour on the box no matter what the swatches say. Those swatches as for virgin hair only.

I have used this many times to strip my hair and used it twice today. It is great for lightening and going blonde if used correctly. YOU MUST, MUST, MUST buy a toner with it. One that is an icy platinum and one that is to remove brass. Yellow is easy to remove, orange and peach is not.

In order to go blonde your hair has to go through many levels of colour to reach it. After a bleach your hair will likely be orange meaning you need to repeat the bleach 2-4 more times depending on how much pigment you have in your own hair and how light you want to be. Do not keep applying to your roots. This hair is great to use as it can go up to 7 shades. If you have very strong and healthy hair you could do this twice in one day, otherwise give it some time. If it needs bleached in certain places then avoid putting it on the roots again and only lift the places where the most pigment is. Remember: toners won't cut through peach or orange. Your hair needs to be yellow or even a light gold to be able to tone.

I highly recommend buying at least two boxes. It took my dyed light brown/auburn hair two bleaches and two strong tones to get it anywhere close to platinum. I have a pixie cut and in each box I could have covered my head about 4 times.

If your hair is above a medium brown or has been dyed, even a light brown or with a semi, do not expect blonde the first time. This isn't the fault of the product, even a hairdresser won't be able to go from one to the other.
on 25 October 2015
This product is God in a bottle! I wanted my hair purple for the holidays, but because I have pitch black hair I thought I was going to need a few applications before I dyed purple. This picture is after 45 minutes and I am ready for the purple!