Learn more Download now Browse your favorite restaurants Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Amazon Music Unlimited for Family Shop now Learn more

on 13 December 2013
Bought as a Christmas gift so not had the opportunity to try it as yet, but it comes highly recommended hence the purchase
on 17 December 2014
it takes a while to make the tea and u have to refill every time so was a bit pointless
on 24 February 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Well this is one of those products that you always think is going to be great but maybe doesn't quite live up to it's promise.

For those that remember the old teasmades, this is a definite improvement though maybe not good enough, but that's not the fault of the product, more the user. I need to explain that last remark as the dedicated tea/coffee drinker will no doubt appreciate the early morning cuppa, but you do have to put the effort in the setup and like its teasmade roots, that's its downfall.

The option of one mug or two is neat, and that's simply a matter of getting the water quantity just right and some positioning of the mug at the central dispenser outlet. The neat storage area for the water jug is a nice touch, as is the stylish milk flask, and the whole package is neatly done.

The functions are relatively easy and the light which comes on about a minute and a half before the alarm is OK, but it's not a bright light to aid the SAD sufferer. The actual process of boiling the water and dispensing it to one or two cups is noisy enough to wake my husband but not me, so it's relatively quiet.

In practice, we didn't find this as useful as I believe it should be and tend to use it at the weekend and not as a daily alarm for which a built in radio option would have been nice.
on 20 January 2011
This alarm clock is a good idea. I got it from Christmas and I am pleased with it. A couple of points though, the display could do with a dimmer that dims at night, because the buttons stay lit up along with the clock face and it's a very bright blue. I had the put something over this bit for the first few weeks as it annoyed me, I like to sleep in pitch darkness. The "gradual" lighting up in the morning doesn't really work either, it comes on first dimly and then to it's full power in like 2 stages so it's not really effective, but I never expected this to be a natural light simulator and didn't buy it for this reason so if that's what you are looking for or expecting, I wouldn't get this clock.

Another thing, it says to run it through a couple of times first. You need to do it more like 10! I ran it through twice as instructed and set it up for the next morning. It was VILE. I could not drink it, it tasted like metal and was disgusting. I ran it through a few more times, discarding the water. It improved. But it is only after using every day for a couple of weeks it is now barely noticeable and I am hoping that it will keep improving til I get that perfect cup of tea in bed '

We got it on offer for £50 though and I still think that's a bit steep for what it is, so I would definitely not pay the full price for it on here and Argos both over £70! Which I think is ridiculous to be honest! If you can get it on offer, I say go for it!
VINE VOICEon 1 May 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This Hot Water Dispenser is a really nice design. It has lots of well thought out features such as the illuminated time display, the drip tray and the separate flask for milk. It was easy to set up and worked well. We did have to run water through it several times to get rid of the "plasticky" taste but now all seems well.

One problem is that this only makes one cup of tea. If you want a second cup then the water dispenser would have to be refilled - a bit of a bother. After using this device for a few days I did wonder if it would actually be easier and more efficient to use an electric kettle with a timer socket. Then the boiling water could be poured into a teapot and would produce a much better drink.

OK for folks who don't mind tea "made in the cup".
on 28 November 2013
I think it looks really nice on my bed side table, I bought one for my dad and my self, both delivered the next day.i struggle to sleep at night but then struggle to wake up once asleep! But a brew in the morning always stirs me round.i get the occasional one of boyfriend but he forgets, as he drinks mainly juice. So it's the getting up part to make the drink, that always makes me think just 10 more minutes, then I'm up late for work! This is like having a boyfriend that doesn't ever forget.ever! I was really put off by reviewers saying it lit the room up at night, because that would irratate me no end, but not sure what they mean, as long as it's not turned right to your head then there's not even a beam of light. I already had the blue tack and card ready! No need.my rooms pitch black . A few things arnt explained in book that I thought was odd, like do you have to let alarm ring for 1 minute so it makes your drink, cus it says that if you press snooze it stops? Not sure also doesn't explain how to turn volume up or down or just have light alarm without sound.a couple of tips: where the jug space is, fill with your tea bags, I also been collecting single sachet of sugar from McDonalds and cafés this space is better to use as your drinks storage and I put spoons in, I'm suprised item wasn't made higher for a small drawer so I've just improvised.i just filled with cup as I'm not to bothered about a jug space still very neat though. The manufacturers could make this product spectacular with just a few more tweaks. I would have a few different alarms maybe even a radio choice, option to turn things off option to choose whether you want drink before or after alarm. As people have a preference how they like to wake . I do like to drain every last minute so it suits my laziness this way, but I can understand why it would bother others. Come on inventors take note!!
VINE VOICEon 21 September 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I gave this to my wife to test, as I never have time to drink coffee in the morning. The alarm function gently switches the light on & is a nice way to be woken up. As a stand lone alarm clock it's pretty good. The tea making facility works quite well also. The teamaker comes with a thermos type flask for the milk so you don't get lumpy tea. Overall it does its job well. Unfortunately we had to stop using it as the steam was in danger of damaging the bedside shelves!

Conclusion: a good teamaker & alarm clock, but I'm not convinced that it is worth the money. We decided to stick to using a kettle & an alarm clock.
VINE VOICEon 3 February 2011
The system works well apart from two aspects. Firstly the pull-out tray for used tea-bags is too small, so you need a saucer close by for the debris. Secondly, milk users need to put milk in the supplied flask at night (at the same time as filling up the reservoir with water) and then wash out the flask in the morning to prevent the milk going stale in the flask. This is simply too much hassle!! However, if you don't take milk - and if you're a coffee person so you don't have the teabag(s) to dispose of, the system works well, producing really hot coffee which is then OK to drink by the time you're safe to pick up the cup.
VINE VOICEon 4 January 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
If you can't be bothered to set your alarm clock and spend about 60 seconds filling up a kettle and putting tea, sugar and milk in a couple of mugs in the morning then this is for you.
This is quite a heavy but good looking item which is simple to use. I haven't yet noticed any strange tastes and am not bothered by the lack of synchronisation between being woken up and getting a drink. While it's true that it could be a more tighter product, it gives the expected quality for the price.
If you were allowed this would make quite a novel gift for someone having a lengthy stay at a hospital.
on 20 January 2012
This has been a great success for me.As a carer I set it for the gentle alarm and simulated daybreak light for a mug of coffee and while I drink it I prepare one mug for tea and one for hot water for my husband. It is certainly worth preparing it by filling it first(I initially used water with bi-carbonate soda a couple of times) and followed the instructions.I have mugs that just fit neatly under the two cleverley designed dispensers which accomodate one mug or two as required.It is quick,efficicient and a good buy at half price through Amazon. Easy to set with or without the alarm.DO remember to put the water in! I forgot once but it was O.K I do use UHT milk in a container rather than separate sachets.