on 14 July 2011
I absolutely love this CD. It's crammed full of beautiful tracks and it's one of those CDs that you can listen to of an evening with just a glass of wine for company. It's got a great mixture of artists and gives you a fabulous mix of sad, joyous, sweet and up-beat tunes. I'm a bit of a Francophile, given that I studied French at University, but even my husband enjoys the music. I recently bought a copy for my friend (who also studied French at Uni). She was so thrilled with it that she played it whilst giving birth to her daughter at home! I think that best reflects how fabulous this CD is :)
on 16 August 2010
Used this CD as background music for get-togethers at a caravanners' holiday rally in Brittany - provided great ambiance and just right to be able to listen to / talk over without being obtrusive
on 20 September 2011
Another one of these CD that you must have to bring a bit of life into your easy listening, get with it and have your cup of coffee along to the strains of this CD on your patio.
on 10 February 2014
Bought this for a joke to take to a themed evening. Couldn't be further from my usual choice of music. Now I absolutely love it. It's a bit silly but whenever I play it I can't help but smile.
on 14 March 2013
Yes fun and what I needed for the french theme night, and everyone enjoyed listening to the accents if nothing else!
on 10 February 2013
I was looking for some french style music for my Murder Mystery Evening and came accross this CD, have to say it was great for setting the atmosphere, Good value for miney and quick delivery
on 2 January 2010
Track 25 on C.D. 1 is not Les Trois Cloches by Edith Piaf as stated on the C.D. case,it is La Marseillaise by Georges Thill as stated on the C.D. sleeve.

This C.D. is very good if you like this type of music, which i do !CAFÉ DE PARIS - 50 GRANDS SUCCES FRANCAIS
on 11 March 2015
This is a wonderful 2 CD set. The songs are mostly from the thirties, forties and fifties, by a variety of classic French singers such as Edith Piaf and Charles Trenet. Compilations can rarely said to be charming but this one is. A delight to listen to.
on 8 February 2014
Je ne regrette rien - although sadly that song isn't included in this anthology. Have greatly enjoyed listening to the many voices that are new to me. Language is no barrier when the music is so full of Gallic charm, passion and wit. Lovely stuff.
on 6 March 2014
My o-level French is nowhere good enough to understand any of this but it doesn't matter. It takes you to another era with consummate ease and is so calming and evocative of a cafe culture that it almost like being there.